CH. 11

By the time Yeji and Ryujin had made it back to the others, they'd calmed down considerably. Both girls had their hands laced, comfortably pressed against each other's shoulders as they stepped back into the grand room, surprised to find the slideshow paused on teenage Karina's face.

The lights, while dimmed, were significantly brighter than before, when Ryujin had blindly stumbled out to chase after Yeji.

Ryujin furrowed her brow, noting that everyone at the tables had stood, eyes fixed on something she couldn't see. Ryujin pulled Yeji behind her, frowning. "What'd we miss?"

Jisu delivered an accurate blow to her side and Ryujin huffed out in surprise.

Yeji's jaw tightened and she made a movement to step in front of Ryujin protectively, a look of indignation on her face at her friend, until Chaeryeong chimed in with a hiss.

"Jefri's proposing, shut up!"

Ryujin and Yeji both froze in place, craning their necks to see.

Jefri had, in fact, stepped forward, kneeling in front of Karina, his eyes regarding her as if she were some holy goddess, descending from miles above, just to see him smile.

Ryujin swallowed audibly. That was oddly familiar. Karina was blinking back tears, her hand clapped over her own mouth in shock, while Aira was absolutely the giddy mother of Ryujin's nightmares, giggling and squealing and making all sorts of incomprehensible noises while Lana patted her back supportively.

"Karina Park." Jefri cleared his throat, the emotions thick and tangible in his deep baritone voice. "We've come a long way, haven't we?" He Chuckled when she nodded.

Felix was watching with his arms folded, looking like he was trying not to cry. Ryujin smirked and gave him a little nudge.

"We've been through it all. We've broken up, we've made up, and we've been lovers, acquaintances, friends-maybe that last one for a little too long." He added with a wry laugh.

Yeji wasn't sure when or how her hand had found Ryujin's again, but she felt a squeeze, and her heart tripped over itself in pure bliss and exhaustion.

"What really makes us special is that friendship." Jefri spoke, his intense gaze boring into Karina's cobalt stare, his hand in hers, while the other clutched a small velvet box. "We've really gotten to know each other, as more than lovers. As best friends. Your good days are mine, your bad days are mine. Your happiness is mine, your sadness is mine. Your darkest days will be mine, and the best days of my life will be every day I get to wake up to that beautiful smile. That's what makes this so sweet- I'm marrying my best friend. I already know what the future holds for us, this way. You pick me up, you help me stand up every time I've been knocked down. I hope to do the same for you. I couldn't think of a more beautiful love story than ours, the one that's written in your gaze every time I see you. And now-" He turned to motion to everyone in the group. "You've broken the final barrier. I've met your wonderful family, and I'm ready to take them as my own, if you all have me. If you will marry me." He finished, turning to Karina with a grin that rivaled anything Ryujin had ever seen.

Karina nodded her head so vigorously that Ryujin thought it was liable to fall off. She laughed out a little, "Yes, Jefri. Yes!"

Jefri grinned and slid the diamond ring onto her finger, watching the way the light danced off the simplistic design, ever fitting for Karina's simple nature.

"I love you." Jefri grinned once more against her lips as she leaned in, pulling him into a searing kiss as his arms went around her.

"Oh my god!" Aira cried, a sobbing mess already. Lana grimaced slightly, and Ryujin stifled a laugh into Yeji's shoulder. "My baby! Oh my god, we have to plan the wedding!"