CH. 17

Suddenly, Ryujin and Yeji's dynamic was a far cry from what they started with. In fact, it was the complete opposite. In the dim lighting of the hallway outside the club, beside the elevator that had just chimed, announcing its arrival, Ryujin allowed Yeji to find her footing on the floor, her hands smoothing out the sides of Yeji's hiked up dress tenderly.

They forced themselves apart, trying to tame their rampant breaths as they felt their heartbeats even out, though that would never be possible if they were in the same room with one another.

Ryujin's hazel gaze found Yeji's brown response, and her breath caught in her throat once more. She clutched Yeji's wrist in her own hand, steadying herself. She wasn't sure if she felt dizzy because of the sheer amount of alcohol that was swimming in her veins, or her pure attraction to Yeji.

Both were rather acceptable excuses to misbehave, if Ryujin had anything to say about it.

The door opened, golden barriers parting to reveal another young couple, perhaps the same one that resided on their floor. Ryujin wasn't sure. She couldn't recognize anything except Yeji, who looked unfairly gorgeous in the dim lighting, harsh shadows falling on her high cheekbones, falling off her square jaw.

She was breathtaking, in every sense of the word.

Yeji was laughing quietly to herself, and the very sound made Ryujin's heart flutter. God, that was all she wanted in life. To see Yeji's grin, to hear her laugh.

She was in so deep.

"What?" Ryujin inquired under her breath.

Yeji shook her head. "We started out kissing in front of everyone we could, to make it look real. And now, we're waiting till they pass."

In retrospect, it probably wasn't that funny. But god, seeing Yeji grin like that, so giddy and carefree, Ryujin found herself chuckling at the irony, shaking her head.

The couple passed without so much as a sideways glance, and Ryujin spared a look at Yeji.

There was a decision to be made.

Ryujin never looked back, to the safety of the table, where the rest of the group were. She never looked back, towards all the excuses. Towards all the reasons why she couldn't be with Yeji. All the reasons why she shouldn't have.

Instead, she narrowed her eyes at the rapidly closing slit, and tore away towards it, pulling Yeji's arm behind her.

Yeji followed with nothing more than a gasp.

And just like that, sliding through the doors and slamming the button for their floor, Ryujin made the leap of faith, with Yeji faithfully by her side. She was jumping with Yeji, for Yeji. Her brain was a little hazy, and nothing made sense.

Well, almost nothing.

The moment the doors had shut, Ryujin whirled around, pressing Yeji against the elevator wall as she went back to recapture her soft, swollen lips, Yeji uttering a small cry of pleased surprise as one hand wrapped around Ryujin, the other steadying itself on the small handrail against the small of her own back.

Out of the corner of her eyes, between heated kisses, she could see their reflection in the mirror like glass adorning the walls. She could see herself, lipstick slightly smudged, lips swollen. She could see Yeji, looking similarly disheveled, arm clenched around Ryujin somewhat protectively.

Yeji's mind was reeling, but the alcohol did its job, suppressing her doubts like the most powerful floodgate, shut and barred, sealed until Yeji could get what she desired. And that was Shin Ryujin. Yeji couldn't help herself anymore.