CH. 15

It ended in victory, for team RyeJi.

It was hard fought, with many hurdles, such as Ryujin's realization that Keith would often mouth the answer to Lana, and then Yeji's attempt to hold her back from attacking him.

All in all, it was average, as far as family feuds went.

Ryujin and Yeji had been greeted with applause from all of their fallen comrades, save for Chaeryeong and Jisu, who'd managed to slink out the back door, thinking they were unnoticed.

Ryujin had hooted and grinned about their victory, rubbing it in Lana's face for nearly an hour afterwards, until she began to yawn uncontrollably, with a glance at the clock revealing that it was well past midnight.

"You're sleepy." Yeji commented quietly to Ryujin.

"I am but, I'm not done gloating." Ryujin pouted, and Yeji felt her knees weaken almost as quickly as her resolve.

"You can gloat tomorrow."

"No." Ryujin smirked. "Tomorrow we rest, because we're hitting up the bar, the club, and Ri-ki's very own beer."

Yeji gulped audibly.

"Not a big drinker?"

"You know I'm not."

"Well, this'll be fun. I'll hold your hair back when you puke." Ryujin teased.

"I am more than capable of holding my alcohol, Ryujin, I'm not a child." Yeji retorted.

"Can you repeat that again? I want to film it so I can show it to you the morning after your immense hangover." Ryujin grinned.

"Shut up." Yeji rolled her eyes as Ryujin led her around to bid their farewells for the evening.

"Shall we go to bed?" Ryujin asked playfully, and Yeji got chills from the innuendo itself.

She knew she wasn't ready to have "the talk" with Ryujin yet, but god, she needed it.

Yeji nodded slowly, allowing Ryujin to lace their hands together as Ryujin pulled her into the elevator.

"So, my champion best friend." Ryujin teased, turning to Yeji as the metal doors slid into a solid barrier before them. "I'm surprised this family hasn't had you running for the hills just yet."

"Ryujin, I love your family." Yeji replied with a wistful sigh. They were everything she had always wanted, but never had. How cruel fate was.

"Oh? Is that all you love?" Ryujin batted her eyelashes, hitting the button for their floor.

"Something's keeping me anchored." Yeji responded quietly, her gaze finding Ryujin's in the dim lighting of the elevator.

The silence that followed was thick, laced with un-whispered promises and Ryujin's gaze lit up, and some of the prior sleepiness was gone, replaced with the brightest of smiles.

Yeji looked frightened, for a moment, as if she'd said too much, and Ryujin quickly replied, "We will."

We will talk.

We will have that conversation.

We will get there.

We will.

It was a silent promise, one that told Yeji she didn't have to explain herself. One that told Yeji that they would talk, eventually, whenever she was ready.

The door opened, revealing another smiling couple, dressed to the nines, hand in hand as they passed Ryujin and Yeji on their way into the elevator.

"See?" Ryujin smirked. "We give off couple vibes. They can feel it."