Chapter 1 // Tomorrow

"Hey!"

"Watf?"

"Those are my Doritos!"

"They don't got your name on them," Shinso argued with a mouthful of said chips, digging his hand into the bag for another handful.

You snarled and grabbed a sharpie from your desk. You jumped on top of the boy, who was sprawled on your bed and still eating your food, and scribbled your name on the bag before ripping it out of his hands.

"Yes, it does," you said, giving him a fake smile as you tossed the marker aside.

"Rude. That bag's big enough for well over two people," the lilac haired boy said. He tried to reach for the bag, but you leaned away.

"Well, too bad. I'm a fatass ," you told him before beginning to eat what was left of the chips.

Shinso sighed before crawling off your bed and walking over to the opposite wall. He grabbed the darts stabbed into the dart board hung on the wall before backing up.

"So," he began, tossing one of the darts at the board. "How're you feeling about tomorrow?"

"Wouldn't say I'm excited," you sighed, "but I'm definitely ready. You?"

"Eh," he shrugged carelessly as he threw another dart. "I mean, it's a chance for us to prove ourselves and everything, but, if several people from classes outside of the hero course make it far, then there's only so many people they can transfer."

"Then we'll just be better," you said plainly. "Simple."

"Easier said then done," Shinso replied while tossing his third dart. "You can't just say something and make it happen. I wish it was like that."

"Toshi, we're the two best kids in General Studies, and you know it," you explained as you tossed the now empty bag of chips in the garbage and leaned back against your headboard. "We have the two most promising quirks. If anyone's going to be transferred to the hero course, it'll be us."

"More like you..." he mumbled quietly. He had hoped you wouldn't manage to catch his words, but you did. They were just loud enough.

"Hitoshi Shinso," you snarled, and the boy cringed at the sound of his full name being used. "Stop acting like your quirk is shit. It's not. With one sentence you can just make someone walk out of bounds. Stop bringing yourself down."

"But-"

"But what?" You cut him off, slightly annoyed. He always did this. If he didn't, you wouldn't believe he was Shinso.

"Never mind," he grumbled, sticking the rest of the darts in his hand back on the board and grabbing his things. "I'm gonna head home," he informed as he stepped into the hallway. "I'm gonna run over some strategies. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow," you said as you gave him a small smile, which disappeared as soon as he closed the door.

You sighed and quickly changed into your pajamas before crawling under the covers of your bed.

"Tomorrow," you began as you pulled the string to the lamp on your nightstand, turning it off. "I'm gonna win that festival."

—————————————————————
Ik it's short. Bare with me. The pace will pick up soon. Most of the beginning chapters are just build up, and, since they're shorter, I'll post them more frequently

[EDITED]