Chapter 18 // Hell Is A Place On Earth, A Place With Katsuki Bakugo

"Come on," you muttered angrily as you pounded the beauty blender covered in foundation onto your neck, avoiding the pain you felt when it hit your bruises.

You refused to leave your room with your neck unmasked. You didn't want to be bombarded with questions or accused of being some victim of abuse or showed pity and/or sympathy for sustaining the injuries from a villain attack. However, the foundation you were using wasn't the best. You should've known considering you bought it from a drug store on the way back from the hospital.

"Can you stop making weird fucking noises while you're in the bathroom," Bakugo called from his bed where he was scrolling through his phone, "makes me think you're doing something weird!"

"Then don't listen!" you yelled. "You're notoriously good at that!"

"Don't yell at me!"

"Or what, Poppy?"

Bakugo appeared in the doorway seconds later, an angry expression on his face as he leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed, causing his muscles to unintentionally flex.

"Don't think you can be a bitch just because you're crippled," the blond snapped, and your jaw dropped in as a short wave a disbelief came over you.

"I'm bruised, not crippled, and it's not being a bitch if there's mutual asshole-ish behavior between the both of us," you replied before returning to spreading the foundering on your neck.

"If you're gonna do that, do it right," Bakugo scoffed as he stepped forward. You found yourself speechless as he snatched the beauty blender from your hand and began to apply the foundation to your neck. "You're missing everything," he grumbled.

"Sorry if mirrors don't give the absolute best sense of coordination," you responded sarcastically, and Bakugo nudged your upper chest with his elbow, a silent command to shut up.

You stayed silent and allowed Bakugo to cover your bruises. You noted how he was oddly careful not to press too hard as he worked.

"Okay, there's not that many bruises," you said after a few minutes. "What's taking so long?"

"I'm doin' the scar. Just wait," Bakugo he mumbled.

"The scar isn't black and blue. Just leave it," you replied.

Bakugo drew back with a huff and handed you the beauty blender before walking out of the bathroom. You sighed and cleaned up before washing your hands and getting into your costume.

Bakugo had been more aggressive and drawn-back ever since you came back from the hospital for some unknown reason. It wasn't just with you, which didn't make you feel that much better. He was colder toward Best Jeanist, who refused to let the blond get to him. Unfortunately, that resulted in harder training and less hero-like errands.

You stepped back into the room after getting dressed to find that Bakugo had left to meet Jeanist without you, so you quickly grabbed your phone and rushed to the hero's office where you found Jeanist standing behind his desk and Bakugo standing in front of him.

"Now that you're both here," Jeanist began as you entered the room, "I have a task for you."

"Are we cleaning toilets now?" Bakugo questioned.

Jeanist ignored the blond words, saying, "There are some documents I need from a neighboring agency. They're a few miles uptown. I want you to go get them for me," the man grabbed a sticky note, scribbled down an address, and handed the paper to you.

"You have legs. Do it yourself," Bakugo argued, and you quickly slapped him, your palm slamming against his shoulder as you glared at him.

"Let's go," you told Bakugo before grabbing his biceps, despite his protests, and dragging all the way out the front doors of the building.