Chapter 68 // Rampage

You were unleashing your anger into the punching bag that hung from your ceiling when the door flew open, and Mimic scurried in.

"Gear up!" he exclaimed. "We've got intruders. Rappa is...greeting them, but Chisaki has ordered you to handle any stragglers. I'm sure you'll do well as always, but try not to make a mess," and, with that, he left.

'Intruders?' you thought shortly as you removed the wraps that were enveloping your hands.

You changed out of your simple sweatpants and tank top and slipped into your usual attire, which consisted of cargo pants, a black compression shirt, and calvary boots. You slipped on your mask, which wasn't necessary for a disguise. You didn't have a reason to hide your identity anymore. However, the mask avoided people knowing when you'd use Ephemeral.

As you stepped out of your room, you glanced down the empty hallways on each of your sides. The tunnels were like a maze to anyone who didn't walk through them regularly. It'd take the intruders quite a long time to gain any sense of direction, so you supposed it wouldn't be terrible if you went looking for them.

As you began to walk, you summoned a few strings and began to fiddle with them to keep yourself occupied while you wandered.

You soon came upon a juncture in the tunnels, and you were poised to keep forward instead of turning right. However, you came to a halt when you spotted three sprinting figures in your peripheral vision.

You turned to get a better looked at the trio, and you couldn't help but sigh tiredly when you realized you recognized two of the three.

The first was the blond boy you have had two too many run-in's with, and the second was one of the pro hero teachers you had pummeled when you broke into U.A. The third was someone you didn't recognize, a lilac haired boy with tired eyes.

"You guys again?" you questioned allowed, your voice altering the group and causing them to skid to a stop.

"[Y/N]..." the lilac haired boy trailed off with wide eyes. You rolled yours.

"Again with that name," you groaned.

There was not one person you had met outside of the Shie Hassaikai that hadn't referred to you as [Y/N], and it was beginning to get on your nerves not because you hated the name but because you now knew it was connected to you, but you didn't know how. You didn't have any memory of ever being [Y/N] [L/N].

"That's your name," the lilac haired boy stated, "[Y/N] [L/N], and you know us. I'm Shinso. We've been best friends since we were toddlers, and Aizawa, he's your heroics teachers, and Bakugo, you two are dating even though you're both too stubborn to put a label on it."

"Okay, not the point," Bakugo said, almost growling.

"My name is Era," you insisted, but, deep down, you felt an urge to resist using that identity.

"No, it's not," Aizawa began, shaking his head with a conflicted expression. He took a step forward, causing you to move back. "You're [Y/N] [L/N], the [L/N] who always follows her heart, who always knows deep down what's right. You know us. That's why you haven't attacked us yet. You've had the opportunity, yet you haven't made a move."

"Shut up!" you hissed.

They were playing you. They had to be. Yes, that was it. They were trying to get into your head, and it was working, but you were smart enough to pull yourself out of it. If they were going to play you, you simply needed to play them twice as hard.

You didn't know Bakugo's quirk, but his costume consisted of two gauntlets around his wrists, and there were grenades strapped to his waist. You assumed he had some sort of explosion type ability. That meant that you'd be capable of implosions if you used Paradox.