Chapter 8 // A Disappointing Win

"NEXT UP IS FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI FROM THE HERO COURSE UP AGAINST [Y/N] [L/N] FROM GENERAL STUDIES. [L/N] SURE IS MAKING A NAME FOR HER CLASS!"

'The thing hates light,' you thought as Tokoyami took his place across the field from you, Dark Shadow appearing on his right shoulder. 'That means it can't stay out in daylight for long, and it's abilities probably aren't at their maximum. This shouldn't be too hard.'

As soon as Midnight called for the match to begin, Tokoyami allowed Dark Shadow to charge forward. The beast wrapped around your body with the clear intention of throwing you out of bounds, but you quickly slipped out of its hold by shooting your strings upward and attaching them to the dome of the stadium, pulling yourself up and away from your opponent before dropping back to the ground in another spot.

"WHO IS THIS CHICK, SPIDER-MAN? AND WHAT THE HECK IS HER QUIRK?"

"You're a worthy opponent," Tokoyami suddenly began to talk as he allowed Dark Shadow to do most of the fighting.

"And your a pathetic one," you replied, wrapping your strings around the mutants ankles and yanking him to the ground, "letting your pet do all the hard work."

Tokoyami seemed offended at that and quickly used Dark Shadow as a distraction to get out of your restraints. The beast created a shield between you and Tokoyami as the hero course student recovered from the ground.

"Gonna play defense the whole time?" you asked, trying to move around Dark Shadow, but the creature overwhelmed you, towering over your smaller frame.

"Possibly," Tokoyami replied.

You scoffed, diving out of the way as Dark Shadow swatted at you before shooting out two strings toward the beast. They wrapped around Dark Shadows neck, and, as soon as the creature was secure, you yanked it back and slammed it to the ground. Dark Shadow whimpered as it's eyes locked with the sun looming over the stadium, and it quickly faded, returning to its safe place back inside Tokoyami's body. Standing up with a smug look on your face, you turned around to face Tokoyami, who was staring at you, silently deciding his next move.

"Your pet's gone," you stated. "You gonna try and fight me or take the loss?"

Tokoyami stayed silent for a few seconds before he hung his head low, raised his hands, and said, "I surrender," before stepping out of bounds.

"Well," you began slowly, not expecting such a response, "that's kinda disappointing."

"Tokoyami has surrendered! [Y/N] advances to the next round!" Midnight announced, and you grinned, spinning around to look for Shinso in the crowd, but, instead, you eyes fell upon your next opponent.

Bakugo was staring at you with an expression that you couldn't decipher. He seemed both angry and proud, and you assumed both emotions were directed toward you. The blond crossed his arms over his chest as one of his classmates gained his attention by slapping his shoulder. Bakugo scowled in response before yelling at them to quit bothering him, forcing himself to look away from you.

'Well, I might die today.'

[EDITED]