Chapter 75 // A New Beginning

After Aizawa had worked out the details with the school, and you had a chat with your parents, it was confirmed. You were going to America.

And so was Bakugo.

It hadn't taken much effort at all to get the both of you approved for the trip. Bakugo's parents had no problem letting him travel. They thought it'd be a good experience. Your parents actually favored Bakugo going rather than not. It meant more protection for you, and, with his presence, they knew you'd be more comfortable.

Now, you and Bakugo stood just inside the front doors of the airport, your classmates and family gathered around you.

"Do you have everything?" your mom asked, her hands firm on your shoulders. "Charger? Wallet? Quirk gear? Hero costume? Phone?"

"Mom," you interrupted her rambling with a laugh. "I've gotten everything. Triple checked."

"What about the neck pillow?" she questioned. "It's a long flight."

"Honey," your dad intervened as he placed a hand on the woman's shoulder, "she'll be fine."

Your mother released a deep sigh before nodding and stepping back. She smiled at you, a hesitant but proud expression on her face.

"[L/N]!"

You grunted as Mina flung herself into your arms. You managed a chuckle while wrapping your arms around the girl and hugging her tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you!" the mutant exclaimed. "Don't be gone too long."

"It's only for a few months," you assured. Mina stepped back, forcing herself to smile as she wiped her teary eyes.

"Have a safe flight, [L/N]," Todoroki said, offering you a comforting...sort of smile. It was a smile in his own way.

As your classmates continued to bid you and Bakugo farewell, your eyes drifted over to Shinso, who was standing beside Aizawa. You walked over to the two of them with an exaggerated smile.

"Don't miss me too much, Toshi," you joked. "I don't want any calls at three in the morning of you crying about how much you miss me."

Shinso managed a crooked smile as he said, "same goes for you. You're the one leaving, so I don't want any terribly misspelled texts past midnight about how much you regret it."

You stepped forward and circled your arms around the boy's middle, hugging him. You rested your head in the juncture of his neck as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

After pulling away, you turned toward Aizawa, saying, "thanks for everything, Sensei. I promise I'll try and be a good student the moment I get back."

"You were always a good student, [L/N]. You're just a little stubborn," Aizawa replied, his voice as monotone as ever, but you could sense an underlying tone of some sort of proud feeling.

"Flight 182 leaves in ten minutes. If you are a passenger of this flight, please board soon."

At the mention of your flight over the PA System of the airport, you quickly said goodbye to the rest of your classmates before returning to where your luggage sat on the ground. Bakugo stood a few feet away, his arms crossed as he waited for you.

"Ready, Mighty Mouse?" he asked, picking up not only his bags but yours as well.

"Yeah, I'm ready, Poppy," you answered with a grin. "Let's go."

Your friends and families continued to say goodbye and wish you good luck even as the two of you began walking away. They waved, cheered, and some even cried as they watched you leave.

Your life in Japan wasn't over. Your journey at U.A wasn't finished. You were just putting that part of your life on hold. You were starting a new story, a fresh path. You'd return soon, but it was time for a new beginning.

THE END OF BOOK ONE

———————————————————————

Okay, so this wasn't supposed to be a series, but I had so many ideas that I felt better dividing this story into multiple parts. I honestly can't say if this will end up being a trilogy, but it will definitely be a duology. The sequel, Strings, will be published some time in March. Until then, keep a look out!

[EDITED]