Chapter 37 // Our End

"Okay," Midoriya began to explain. "First, we'll propel ourselves into the air using mine and Iida's quirks. Then, with Kirishima's hardening, we'll break through this wall," he tapped the cement. "The second it opens, Todoroki will make a path of ice for us. We'll go to heights the villains can't reach, but Kacchan can, and, with All Might fighting off the villain boss, he should have no problem finding an opening to reach us. [L/N], I'm gonna need you at our core."

"What?" You questioned. "Why me?"

"You're gonna be the one to reach out to Kacchan?" Midoriya explained. "He'll only reach out to someone who he respects, who he's okay seeking help from."

"Kirishima's friends with him," you stated. "Why can't he do it?"

"He'll be our shield," Midoriya replied. "Besides, you're our best chance. I've never seen Kacchan act like he does around you. If you reach out to him, he'll come."

You sighed before saying, "fine, but don't blame me when I'm took weak to hold him up."

"Alright, let's get into position," Midoriya nodded.

Iida and Midoriya moved to stand next to each other before crouching. Kirishima carefully stepped onto their knees, back facing them. You then climbed into the redheads back, keeping yourself sturdy by wrapping your hands around his shoulders.

"We're ready," Midoriya stated, and he nodded toward Tdooroki, who crouched as he held out his hand, prepared to make the pathway of ice as soon as an opening appeared.

Iida and Midoriya proceeded to activated their quirks, and, once they were powered up, Kirishima hardened his arms.

"You good, [L/N]?" Midoriya asked.

"Good as I can be," you replied. "Let's do this."

"Be careful," Momo stated from where she stood.

"We will," Midoriya promised. "Alright, you're up, Kirishima."

You braced yourself for the impact as Midoriya and Iida propelled the four of you toward the wall with their quirks, and, with Kirishima's hardening, you were able to break through the cement easily.

Todoroki shot out his ice, quickly creating a slope of ice that traveled upward toward the sky. You kept your focus forward as Iida and Midoriya continued to propel the four of you up the path and into the sky.

"Now, [L/N]!" Midoriya yelled.

You wrapped your right arm around Kirishima's shoulders to keep yourself steady before leaning back and extending your left hand. You made eye contact with Bakugo, whose eyes were already locked on you.

"Let's go, Poppy!" You screamed.

As if your words were a trigger, Bakugo shifted his body in your direction before he began to run, explosions crackling in his hands.

'It's gonna work,' you thought, and you couldn't help but smile.

Bakugo pushed himself off the ground using his explosions while simultaneously sending himself flying toward you.

"Get him back!"

It was Shigaraki who had yelled, and you almost hadn't processed the words. You were too focused on Bakugo.

The blond slammed his hand into yours as soon as he was within reach, and you wrapped your fingers around it, refusing to let go. His palm was still as smooth as ever. You missed the feeling.

"You're an idiot!" Bakugo yelled. "The hell are you doing here?"

"I owed you," you replied.

Bakugo shook his head, and, as he did, you noticed, over his shoulder, something forming behind him in the air.