Chapter 40 // Last

Bakugo's hands gripped the edge of your hospital door tightly as he peered inside. His eyes scanned the room before falling upon your body.

The boy glanced back at Aizawa and All Might, who stood behind him in the hallway. Aizawa nodded shortly.

Bakugo stepped into the room and quietly closed the door behind him before he slowly walked over to your beside. He pulled over a nearby chair and sat down.

Your lips were parted, still, and your tired eyes were glued to the ceiling. Your arms laid motionless at your sides, your body now enveloped by the hospitals signature light blue shirt and pants combo.

"[L/N]?" Bakugo said, his voice quiet as he didn't want to startle you. He wasn't even sure if you had seen him come in.

You didn't react at first. You didn't turn your head, utter it word, or even acknowledge the boy's presence. However, after about five seconds, your head twitched as you slowly turned it toward Bakugo.

You blinked slowly as if such a single action was a struggle. You opened your mouth, pressing your lips together a few times as if you were attempting to form words you didn't know.

"Ba..Ba..Baku..Bakugo," your voice came out choppy as you struggled to say his name, but it eventually came out properly.

"Yeah, it's me," Bakugo replied gruffly.

You lifted your arm, the limb shaking all the way from your shoulder to the tips of your fingers. Bakugo gently cupped his hands over yours when he reached out toward him.

"How-how you feel?" you asked, and Bakugo scoffed as he shook his head.

"You're the one laid up in the hospital, and you're asking me how I am?" the blond said. You shook your head in response as a broken hum slipped past your lips.

"I told...I told you-I said I...I love you, but you-I never-you have-haven't told me how you-you feel," the entire sentence was a massive struggle for you to say, causing Bakugo to close his eyes as he let out a frustrated sigh.

"Of course I love you, Mighty Mouse," Bakugo eventually said, and you smiled weakly. Your hand still shook within his, but it was only slightly as Bakugo's presence clearly calmed you.

"'Bout-how 'bout every-everyone else?" you questioned.

"All Might won," Bakugo began to explain, "thanks to you. All For One is locked up, but the League is still roaming. They're probably no good without their boss though. The rest of the class is all home. Deku, Kirishima, and Icyhot are probably resting. They gave up a lot of blood to save you."

"M-more like-like you forced them?" Your words came out as more of a question.

"No!" Bakugo exclaimed. "Only Deku. The other two fuckers did it willingly."

"I-I'll have to-have to thank them," you said. Bakugo noticed the way you began to look around.

"Whaddya need?" the blond asked.

"Is there-do we-I want-I want-can you get-get me water?" you eventually stuttered out.

"Yeah, I'll be right back," Bakugo promised as he stood. However, before he could get too far, you weakly caught his hand.

"They-they said," you began, "they said-they're gon-gonna have some-some caregiver help me 'till-'till I'm better, but I-I don't wan't a stranger tak-taking care of me. Can-can you take c-care of me instead?"

Bakugo's eyes, for a fraction of a second, softened, and he leaned down to press a quick kiss to your cold forehead.

"'course I'll take care of you," he muttered while stepping back. "I wouldn't let anyone else fucking do it."

Bakugo reluctantly let go of your hand, but he gave it a comforting squeeze before he left the room to get you the water you wanted.

"Where're you going?" Aizawa asked when Bakugo didn't spare them a glance as he stepped into the hallway and proceeded to walk away.

"She wants water!" he yelled over his shoulder. "What she wants she gets, and she gets it whenever she damn wants."

As Aizawa watched Bakugo leave, he thought to himself, 'they're gonna last. How long is something to be determined.'

[EDITED]