Chapter 27 // Resolutions

You awakened to a bright light over your head. You squinted as unwillingly tears brimmed your eyes from the light. You blinked slowly before looking around.

You were in a hospital room. It was calm. There were no bustling nurses or equipment obnoxiously beeping. You noticed a tattered cloth laying on the table beside your bed, and you soon realized it was your shirt as you noticed your chest was bare, a sheet covering it.

You exhaled deeply before carefully sitting up while keeping the sheet pressed against your chest. You winced from a ache in your back, and it seemingly just then came back to you; you remembered what happened.

You got in an argument with Shinso. A villain threatened you. You were stabbed by said villain. Bakugo carried you. You passed out.

You whipped your head around, hoping to see a familiar face, but no one was in the room. Shinso nor Bakugo was to be seen. Your parents weren't there, but, with how much of a worrier your mother was, she was probably panicking in the lobby.

You debated getting up and exploring, but, with how much pain your back was in now, you didn't wanna see how much it would hurt with you walking around. You instead waited, staring at the huge window beside the door to your room in hopes you would catch the attention of someone walking by.

Numerous bystanders passed by, none focusing on you. It seemed like ages before a familiar face appeared, and that face happened to belong to your homeroom teacher.

"You're awake," Aizawa commented when he stepped into the room, quietly closing the door afterward.

"How long have I been asleep?" you were quick to ask. You genuinely would've been upset if you missed the training camp because of a minor injury, and Aizawa seemed to notice your concern.

"It's the next morning," the hero stated, "and I'm not gong to prevent you from going to the camp."

"You're not?" You asked slowly, and Aizawa shook his head.

"It's a good learning experience. You can participate without involving yourself in the harsher and more physical exercises. I already spoke with your parents. They approved it," he explained.

"My parents, are they here?" you questioned.

"They're in the lobby," Aizawa nodded. "I'll have to get the nurse to check you out before you're able to leave, but you should be discharged in time to catch the bus tomorrow morning."

"That's good..." you muttered out, "but are my parents the only one here?"

"No," Aizawa sighed, causing you to perk up. "Shinso and Bakugo have been arguing in the lobby for the past several hours."

"You mean Bakugo's yelling and Shinso's taking it?" you specified, and Aizawa managed a small side smile as you replied with, "yeah. I'll go get the nurse."

You waited as patiently as you could as Aizawa left the room to retrieve the nurse. The door opened once more a few minutes later, and a women with a white, knee-length skirt and a matching, button up shirt walked in.

"Hello, [L/N]," she smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay, I guess," you replied as she walked over.

"Good. We're gonna get you out of here as soon as possible," the nurse began. "I'm just gonna check you over, look at your stitches, and we're gonna do some small stretches to make sure you can move everything before you leave."

You stayed silent as you allowed the woman to tend to you. You had to lay on your stomach as she checked your stitches, which she wiped down with an antibiotic before changing the bloody bandage that had been covering it. She then had you stand and stretch your limbs; your arms above your head, your legs outward, your torso from side to side, your neck all around.