Chapter 47 // A Little Bit of Motivation

You stepped off the bus with a tired sigh as you stretched your arms above your head. You and Bakugo had fallen asleep some time during the ride, which was good and bad. Good because it meant rest before the exam, but bad because it normally takes you about fifteen minutes to actually wake up and re-energize from a nap. 

"Alright, listen up," Aizawa began to speak, bringing everyone's attention to him. "This exam is important. Yes, there will be make-ups, but it looks good for you to pass it the first time. Getting your provisional hero license will make you semi-heroes, so do your absolute best."

"We're gonna beat it like it's nothing!" Mina exclaimed as she pumped her fist in the air. "Let's do our cheer!"

"Not doin' that," you muttered, Bakugo catching your words from beside you.

"Hell no," he agreed with the smallest of grins.

The two of you opted out of the class cheer as the rest of your classmates pumped their fists in the air and screamed, "plus ultra!" However, the sentimental moment of encouragement was interrupted when an intruder appeared.

He was tall, buff, and visually intimidated as he joined the cheer, his voice overpowering everyone as he boomed All Might's signature phrase.

"It's not nice to intrude, Inasa."

You looked past the tall boy to see a few other teens standing behind him. They all wore similar uniforms and clearly belonged to a different school.

"Ah..." Inasa trailed off before he slammed his hands against his thighs and bowed, shouting, "I am extremely sorry!"

"Okay," you began while leaning closer to Bakugo. "I think they beat out U.A in the weirdo category." The blond huffed in amusement and spared you a glance.

"Who's this whacked-out ball of excitement?" Kaminari asked, to which Sero added, "he's like Iida and Kirishima combined and amped up."

"U.A's in the East," Bakugo stated as the unfamiliar students began to gain more attention from other schools just from their presence. "Shiketsu's in the West. They're one of the few that can rival U.A."

"Huh, good competition," you noted.

"Sorry again!" Inasa boomed. "I just always wanted to try that! It's truly and honor to be able to compete against the fine students of U.A." The boy then wordlessly turned toward his chattering classmates.

"Inasa Yoarashi," Aizawa sighed.

"You know him, Sensei?" Hagakure questioned.

"He's...very strong," was the man's simple reply. "He got placed into your grade at U.A under special recommendation. His top grades were enough to open the door for him, but, for some reason, he didn't enroll."

"So he's a big fan of U.A, but he turned down a chance to enroll when he got it?" Sero asked. "That doesn't make sense."

"Werid," Mina stated.

"Weird or not, he's the real deal," Aizawa said, "so keep an eye on him."

"Eraser! Is that you?"

Aizawa stilled when a woman's voice sounded from somewhere in the area, and you, along with everyone else, looked past the man as he turned around.

"Ms. Joke?" you questioned.

You recognized the hero. She wasn't as famous as some, but she's had some run-in's with villains what were good enough to air.

"It's been long, Eraser," Ms. Joke said while waving, but Aizawa seemed as though he wanted to die on the spot. "I saw you on TV and the U.A Sports Festival, but it's been forever since we've seen each other in person. Let's get married!"