Chapter 38 // Need

Bakugo stared up at the screen looming over the city, watching you fight with your entire heart.

Every time you fell, he clenched his teeth.

Every time you stumbled, he balled his fists.

Every time you winced form your wounds, he pivoted.

When you confessed your love, his heart began to pound ten times as fast.

When you lit the fuse, he screamed as if you could hear him.

When the bomb exploded, he crumbled.

Katsuki Bakugo broke in that moment.

The boy that never cried finally cried.

He cried for you.

He slammed his balled fists into the ground out of anger as tears poured out of his eyes.

He choked on air as he tried to contain his sobs.

Hands grabbed at him, but he shoved them away.

"Kacchan, it's okay."

It wasn't okay.

He had just witnessed the person he loved sacrifice herself for a world that never loved her enough.

"Kacchan, she's okay. Look at the screen."

Bakugo's ears perked up at Deku's statement, and he slowly lifted his head as he blinked away his tears. The boy's eyes widened when they landed on the screen.

The dust that had risen from the explosion had finally cleared, and not only did it reveal All For One buried into the ground, but it also revealed  you as you hung by a thread from a burnt out lamppost that had been hanging over the battle field.

The crowd cheered, but all Bakugo heard was the sound of his pounding heart in his ears, the sound of his rapid breathing.

He needed to get to you. He needed to talk to you. He needed to hold you. He needed you.

Bakugo bolted.

He pushed through civilians, recklessly dodged passing by cars, and hopped over anything blocking his way that he was too preoccupied to go around. He ran, and he ran, and he ran until he arrived back on the scene he was just saved from.

All Might had finally gathered enough strength to escape from the strings that bounded him, and he jumped back to the ground, leaving Seijin in the helicopter.

All For One was recovering. He moved slow, very slow, but he was beginning to sit up. The explosion had weakened him enough to the point where All Might would be able to easily finish him.

Bakugo didn't care about that though. All Might could be on the verge of death and All For One could be winning, and he'd still be focused on you.

The boy soon found the pole you were still hanging from, and, upon noticing you were still knocked out, he propelled himself into the air using his explosions and grabbed onto the top of the pole. He recklessly waved his heated hand in the space where your string was until he severed it.

Bakugo caught you with his free arm as soon as you began to fall, and he held you close to his chest as he let go of the pole. He curled himself around you and took the brunt of the impact as the two of you hit the ground.

Bakugo pushed himself into a sitting position as you sprawled out in his lap. He cooled his hands before cupping your face as gently as he could. He turned your head, checking for injuries, before scanning the rest of you body.

He noticed the way your chest heaved every time you shook a breath. He observed the way your shoulders rose with every small inhale, which told him you were in fact alive. However, as he ran his hands across your limbs, occasionally grabbing them completely, he also noticed the way your entire body was oddly limp. It was like you were dead, yet you were breathing.

Something was wrong.

"[L/N]?"

Your name was rasped out by Bakugo as he ran his thumb across your cold, chapped lips. He maneuvered his other hand beneath your head and rested it against your nape. He gently lifted your head and moved it to lay on top of his knee.

Bakugo's eyes eventually landed upon your most severe wound, and the boy almost whimpered as he untied your jacket from around your waist and peeled back your shirt to reveal the stabs wounds Toga had given you.

The gashes bled profusely as soon as pressure was released, and Bakugo quickly pressed his hands over the wounds in a panic. Your body jerked.

"I know. I know...fuck," Bakugo muttered out hoarsely. "You're gonna be okay."

Bakugo retied your jacket around your waist and kept one hand pressed against it as he slipped his free arm beneath your back. He carefully lifted you off the ground, forcing himself to ignore his aching biceps.

The boy quickly left the scene, knowing All Might could finish off All For One on his own now. He rushed to the streets as quickly as possible where several police cars and ambulances were gathered.

"I need help over here!" Bakugo shouted to no one in particular. Two paramedics ran over, one of them dragging a stretcher behind them.

"Lay her down," one of the medics instructed.

Bakugo gently laid you down on the stretcher, stepping back as the paramedics began to examine your body.

"Do you know her blood type?" one of them asked.

"...no," Bakugo replied quietly.

"Then it's best we find a universal donor. She needs blood if she's going to live, and she needs it now," the second medic stated.

Bakugo watched in fear as the paramedics quickly loaded you into the back of the ambulance. They stabbed an IV into your arm and tore open your shirt in order to get better access to your wounds.

'Blood...she needs blood...' the boy thought, '...a universal donor.'

A light bulb went off in Bakugo's head, and he whipped around to look at the bustling crowd that was still watching the fight that was being recorded live. He managed to see a green tuff of hair several yards away.

"I got someone!" Bakugo yelled as he looked toward the paramedics. "I know a universal donor."

"Bring them to the hospital as quick as possible if they're willing," one of the medics stated. "We need to get her there now. We can't wait."

"I'll beat you there..." Bakugo managed to mutter out before he used his quirk to propel himself into the air and over the crowd.

"Kacchan!"

Deku called out when he noticed his childhood best friend, and the blond soon clumsily landed in front of him.

"Hospital. Now," Bakugo grunted as he grabbed the latter's sleeve and began to drag him.

"Wait, Kacchan! Slow down! What are we—"

Bakugo whipped around and grabbed Deku by his shoulders, shaking him roughly, causing the green haired boy to silence himself.

"She's dying. She needs blood. Now. You're a fucking universal donor, right? You're type O?" the blond said.

Deku nodded slowly, saying, "yes, but, Kacchan. If she's lost that much blood, I can't give her all she needs on my own. I could die."

"She's not dying!" Bakugo shouted angrily. "I won't let her! She needs a universal donor now!"

"I'm a universal donor."

Bakugo lifted his head and looked over Deku's shoulder to find Todoroki approaching, a determined expression housing his face.

"I'm Type O," the dual haired boy confessed.

"Me too," Kirishima raised his hand. "Between the three of us, we can give enough blood and still be okay."

"Then what the fuck are we waiting for?" Bakugo practically spat out. "Let's go."

[EDITED]