Chapter 79 : Wishes

Raven's P.O.V.

"Why did you never celebrate birthday ?" Ryan asked after a comfortable silence.

Yes, we sat in silence. It's 11 pm. One hour left. We thought that this time all three of us would wish each other first. That's why we are here, sitting in Ryder's balcony.

 That's why we are here, sitting in Ryder's balcony

I sighed.

It is true that I have never celebrated my birthday.

How could I do that knowing that my brothers are in trouble. I never told this to anyone but always on my birthday, I felt like crying. I always felt my heart aching like something is wrong. Something is going to happen. I couldn't decipher that feeling. Never. But it was always there.

After Ivan and Alex came in my life, they always wished me on 12:00 exact. They never let me feel down on my birthday. 

But still, It was hard for me to forget my chest pain, my heart ache.

Something in me always told me that my brothers are suffering, my brothers are sad somewhere in the world. They are in pain.

And I have no right to be happy when my other halves are in pain.

Then how could I celebrate my birthday ?

"Raven" I snapped out from my trance when I saw Ryder waved infront of me.

"Ah Y-Yes ?" I looked at them.

"We asked you something ?" Ryder raised his eyebrow.

"It's nothing, I just never like to celebrate my birthday. That's all" I dismissed the matter and before anyone could Say anything. I asked them the question I wanted to ask from long time.

"By the way guys, How do you guys remember your birth date ? I mean you had lost your memory, didn't you ?" I frowned. I felt both of them stiffened beside me.

I raised my eyebrows at that.

Ryder clenched his jaw while Ryan sighed.

"David" He mumbled.

I frowned.

"David told us. He never let us forget our birthday. Birthday means happiness, party and fun for the rest of the children. But for us, the day of birthday means a dark, dreadful day and an even worse night-" He chuckled dryly.

"That day used to be a day of punishment for us. He used to beat us from Belt, sticks, chain, Canes, blade, knife, and who knows what. He used to remind us that we have made a mistake by being born. His wife and his son had died because of us. He even made us beat each other, if not he will kill the other one." He sighed looking other side as I felt my heart getting heavy.

My eyes watered.

That's why I always felt like something is wrong. That's why I always felt like crying whole day.