First Day On The Job

With you, I'm happy

With you, I'm no longer in darkness.

With you, I'm never sad.

The next day...

Grace's pov

Beep! Beep! Groaning, I smacked my alarm clock and with a huge yawn, I stretched. Smacking my lips together, I shuffled my feet across the wood floor to the kitchen. Soon the smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the room. A tired-looking bedhead Abby walked into the small kitchen. "I smell coffee." eyeing the coffee pot, she commented "Nice."

"Yea. welp, what do you want for-" I was about to ask what she wanted for breakfast, but then remembered that the fridge was empty, except for some creamer for coffee. "Looks like we're skipping breakfast today."

"I guess." she shrugged. At least there was creamer, sugar, and stevia. We both made a cup and decided to sit on the balcony. The sun was just coming over the city of Seoul, tall buildings glittered like jewels in the distance.

Once we prayed over the day and finished our coffee, we got dressed and ready for our first day of work at HYBE.

Skimming through my walk-in closet, I put on a pair of fishnet pantyhose under some ripped jeans, a gray baggy sweatshirt with some graphic print on it, and a pair of black high-top converse. Finishing the look with a white baseball cap and some basic make-up, I was ready to go.

Grabbing my phone and stuffing it in my back pocket, I walked out of our apartment. Jungkook was going to be driving Abby, Yunji, and me to the HYBE building. Being the first one down, I slid into the front seat next to Jungkook.

"Hey." I said and Jungkook looked up from his phone with a smile.

"Sleep good?" he asked, tilting his head a little at me.

"Yup!" I chirped in reply, grinning.

"Good." leaning back with a sigh, he looked at me "I went to bed at 1:00."

"That's not good." I stated in reply.

"I know... I wish I could get rid of sleep."

"Well-" I started but was cut off by the chattering of Abby and Yunji.

"Whew, I thought I was gonna be late." Yunji said in English, her Aussie accent showing.

"Yo, same. Grace over here just up and left. She went BYE!" Abby gestured to me.

Opening my mouth in reply, "I didn't know I was supposed to wait for you."

"Well, still." Abby retorted bluntly.

A loud ding was heard from Jungkook's phone, making our eyes look at it. Jungkook let out a huff and looked at his, making eye contact. His face turned serious "I'm telling you this ahead of time so that you can get your squeals out." Squeals? What on earth is he talking about?

"Mwo?" we asked in unison, confused.

Jungkook sighed heavily, looking resigned as if he was going into battle "You are going to meet Tomorrow by Together and ENHYPEN."

"Jinjja?!" we all screeched. He simply nodded and plugged his ears.

"Naur way! We're meeting TXT and ENHYPEN!" Yunji squealed in her Aussie accent.

"Asldklsghsdjkhg!" I screamed.

"EEK!" Abby screeched shrilly.

"Cause it's you. You're the one that I want. Blue! Everything that I want." I started singing Blue Hour by TXT.

"Go big or go home! I'm feeling lucky..." Abby sang the lyrics to Go Big or Go Home by ENHYPEN. After a few more minutes of hardcore fangirling, we calmed down.

Jungkook removed his hands from his ears and with a shake of his head, said "OK! Let's gotta get, get it!" and he smoothly drove out of the luxurious gated community.

The rest of the drive was in silence because all of us were taking in the sight of downtown Seoul, the sun reflecting off of the tall buildings, the cute, aesthetic shops, and cafes, and the people strolling the streets. Jungkook then took a right and started driving downwards to an underground parking lot.

"I can't believe we're actually here." Yunji leaned forward with a whisper.

"I know right." I said, whispering back. "This feels illegal." I whisper-yelled.

Jungkook backed up into a parking space. Who backs up into parking spaces anymore? I thought.

"We're here!" he announced.

Wrinkling my nose, "Aish, Kookie. It's obvious that we're here." I chided teasingly.

"Whatever." he rolled his eyes and gestured for us to follow.

Doing as he instructed, we all followed, squeezing each other's hands as we walked together. Nervous is not even a word I would use to describe how I am feeling right now. A million thoughts were running through my head. What if I can't handle the idol life? What if the fans hate me? What if? What if?

I was pulled from my thoughts when Jungkook cleared his throat, "Are you coming?" he inquired, a lopsided grin on his handsome face, waiting inside the elevator.

"Oh-uh yeah. I'm coming." I plastered a smile on my face.

Fidgeting with my fingers as we slowly started going up. The loud ding signaling that we had reached our floor made me jump a little. Get it together, girl! I scolded myself.

"We're going to meet TXT first. Manager-nim will be there as well." Jungkook informed us, walking slightly in front of us. Once we reached a large door with a sign written in Hangul, we all took a deep breath before Jungkook opened the door.

And there, in a large practice room, were Taehyun, Beomgyu, Soobin, Huening Kai, and Yeonjun.

>>>>>>>>>>

Tysm for reading! Sarangminda! Remember to vote, comment, and give this book a shout out!