Can't Help But Wish It Was Real

I have accepted the butterflies and the fast beatings of my heart because of you.

Grace's pov

"I'm here!" I called out, walking into a small practice room. Jungkook turned and smiled, walking up to me to engulf me in a big hug.

"How was your first day of school?" he asked, releasing me from my hug and guiding me to the middle of the dance floor with his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, it was great. I totally stood up to a bratty, two-faced popular girl today who was plotting to beat me up for 'associating myself with Niki'."

His laughed, "She thought she could take you?"

"Yeah, I know right? Like, girl, you'd be on the ground before you knew what hit you." I replied.

"I can totally see that." he looked away with a smile. "I want you to meet our choreographer for our dance."

A gorgeous woman bowed with a smile and I immediately felt endeared towards her. "Annyeonghaseyo, Shin Ha-Ri Iminda." she introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Grace." I replied with a bow.

"I'm your choreographer for you and Jungkook's duet for Euphoria." She explained. We both nodded as she continued, "I'm am going to explain the concept for this dance. As you both know, Euphoria is a romance song. So basically, Grace, you are going to be in conflict, trying to deny these feelings of love that you have for Jungkook, while Jungkook is singing, confessing his love for. You will be unsure of what to do until the bridge, pre-chorus, and last chorus of the song."

We nodded in understanding, and she explained some more, "But on the line, "Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria, in all of the choruses, Jungkook will take your hand or hands, and you will do a mixture of ballroom dance and hip-hop."

"Wait, we get to do ballroom dancing?!" I squealed, jumping up and down, clapping my hands.

"Ne." she replied with a smile.

Clapping my hands, "Yay! I've always wanted to do ballroom dancing!"

"Okay! Let's get started." she clapped her hands. "So, Jungkook, I want you stand about six feet away from Grace, and during the first part of the song, you will slowly walk up to her, singing. Grace, I want you to look him in the eyes as he is doing this.

"Joh-ayo." we both replied.

"Then as he gets closer, I want you, Grace, to slowly turn sideways and walk backwards, as if you are trying to get away from this feeling of love. And Jungkook, I want you then to put your left hand on around her waist to stop her."

"Okay.", she played the music and Jungkook sang to the words. I immediately became sucked into Jungkook's doe eyes, falling into a trance. As he got closer, I slowly backed away, but Jungkook put his hand on my waist, pulling me close. He looked me in the eyes intensely, our bodies against each other.

"Great job!" Ha-ri exclaimed with a clap, shaking me from my trance. Jungkook released me and turned his attention back to her.

"Moving on! Jungkook, you will take her hand like this." she demonstrated. "Then you will spin her and dip her down. Grace, you will extend your left leg up gracefully, both you never losing eye contact. Then you will be pulled up." she demonstrated a few more moves. "Grace, you will get out of Jungkook's grip and walk backwards slowly. Then you will do some dance moves before Jungkook sings, 'Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria."

She showed us the choreography quickly, along with the chorus. We ran over that a few times before moving onto the next part. "So, you will end the chorus with your back against Jungkook, his left hand resting on your left hip. You will both slowly lift your right hands up, lightly touching fingers. You will both bring them down slowly." she then showed us some ballroom steps, where Jungkook takes me in his arms and spins me, then sets me down and I do a fan kick. I once again get out of his arms, and I do a calypso when he sings, 'Won't you please stay in dreams.'

The chorus choreography is the same, so she had us start from the top. Jungkook looked deeply into my eyes as he walked towards me. I couldn't help but wish that this dance, the way Jungkook seemed so in love with me, the way I felt when we danced together, was all real. That he really was in love with me.

He put his hand around my waist, spun me around, then dipped me and I gracefully extended me leg, my hair spilling downwards in long waves. He pulled me up and we did our next moves before I pushed him away, and I danced out of his reach. Before I turned away, I noticed the feigned look of hurt in his Bambi eyes.

Taking my right hand, gently pulling me to him, he sang, "Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria." We did some moves together and then did hip-hop side by side. He then sang, "Close that door now, when I'm with you I'm in utopia." while he sang this, he grabbed my left hand, spinning me into his arms.

He pulled me into his chest, my back against him. His hand was resting on my hip as we looked into each other's eyes. Doing the next choreography, purposely trying not to break eye contact. I did my calypso gracefully, completely extending my legs into the split before spinning out of it. Doing the chorus effortlessly, perfectly executing the moves along with portraying the proper emotions with skill.

"Wow, I have no words for how amazing that was." Ha-ri said, shocked. I blushed and Jungkook laughed, pulling me into his side, rubbing my arm.

"Like, I felt as if I was actually witnessing this love story in real life. It felt so real and tangible I almost cried." she applauded us genuinely.

"Gamsaminda." we bowed.

"Now, after the chorus, Jungkook will go on white platform that he was on a couple years when he performed Euphoria. But this time, it will be able to spin because at the end of the last bridge and pre-chorus. When he sings, 'Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria.' you will run towards him and jump into his arms, making the white platform spin as you are together.

"Of course, there will be something to stop the spinning, so you can both step off and finished the dance together." she showed me the choreography that I'm going to do while Jungkook is singing in the air. The chorus was still the same, but when Jungkook sings, 'Close that door now, when I'm with you in utopia.' he swings my around into his arms. One of my hands rests on his chest, while the other is resting on the back of his neck.

One of his hands is cupping my neck, putting our foreheads together. And his other hand is on the small of my back, pressing me into him. It is so romantic I might faint.

We run over the entire song several times, but since we obviously don't have the white platform to spin on, we just practice me jumping into his arms and he spins me around instead. She then records it so that we can practice it when she isn't here.

Both Jungkook and I are absolutely exhausted from the hours of learning this dance. I am very proud of the both of us learning an entire dance in the matter of hours though. That is freaking insane.

As we were walking through HYBE to get to Jungkook's car, he placed a hand on my back, "I'm really proud of you, Grace. You know, not many people can learn entire dances in just a matter of hours if they aren't used to it."

I smiled broadly, "Thank you, that really means a lot. I was really nervous because I've never had to learn a dance so fast and with such a high difficulty level."

He laughed and pulled me into a tight hug, "Hey, if you are ever nervous or you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you." he looked into my eyes.

I nodded, "Okay, thank you."

The drive to the apartment was silent, both of us too exhausted to have conversation. I barely had enough energy to shower and put my pajamas on. I had to ignore the urge to just go straight to bed in my dirty clothes. As soon as I laid my head down on the pillow, I fell into deep sleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tysm for reading! Sarangminda! Remember to vote, comment, and give this book a shout out