Mountain Getaway Pt. 3

If you need to break down, that's okay.

My arms are strong enough to hold you until the darkness goes away.

>>>>>>>>>

"Yah, Grace! You're supposed to hit the ball, not the air!" Jimin yelled in annoyance.

Dropping the bat to the ground, pride pricked, "Well, excuse me! It's not like I'm a professional baseball player. Give me a break oppa. How about you have a turn at the bat?" I stepped off the home plate or whatever you call it, which really was just a very bad square of trampled down grass.

"Fine!" Jimin retorted with a snap, stomping over before bending down and snatching up the bat that was at my feet. He made a face and stuck his tongue, and I did the same, a smirk on my face.

"Okay, Grace! You are the pitcher now!" Taehyung cupped his mouth with his hands as he shouted at me.

I laughed awkwardly, "Uh, I literally can't throw for the life of me. I'll be the person who catches the ball and runs to every base and tries to make a home run."

The guys looked at me, "You mean a runner?"

Embarrassed by my lack of common sense, "Oh, yeah. A runner." I scratched my temple with an awkward smile. Standing at one of the bases, I waited for Jungkook to throw the ball and Jimin to hit it. The loud crack of the bat echoed through the forest as it made contact with the ball and I started running slightly backwards, my eyes watching the ball. Jumping up to catch the ball, it just grazed my glove, producing loud groans from everybody and Jimin ended up making it back to home base.

Please give me grace for this one. I know about as much about baseball as we know about the 5% of the ocean explored. All I know are home runs, bases, catcher, pitcher, and that's about it.

"Aish, Grace. You had it!" Jin's face scrunched and he fell on his knees.

"This is my first time playing an actual game of baseball. Have some grace for Grace, will ya?" my hands were on my hips, a proud smirk on my face for my pun.

All of the members groaned, "You sound like Jin." rolling my eyes, I lifted my arm and waved them off before walking back to my spot. We resumed the game and decided to do boys vs girls. We would switch spots in a rotation, giving all of us a chance to be a pitcher and batter. Let's just say that we didn't get any points whenever I was the pitcher. We would all be screaming and jumping up and down as one of the girls would sprint around the bases as one of the guys would try to catch a ball. We still hadn't made a home run yet.

Jungkook was pitching to me, taunting me with a smirk on his face he rocked back and forth, winding up. Re-gripping the bat tightly, adjusting my hold on it, and fixing my feet a little as I bit my lip in concentration, my hairline wet from sweat. His tattooed arm reached back and he flung the ball at me. CRACK! The sound resounded through the forest, causing some birds to cry out and take flight. "Go Grace go!" the girls screamed, cheering me on. Dropping the bat as I watched the ball soar through the air, I sprinted with all my might. "You go girl!" Jisoo cheered, and Abby whistled.

Counting the bases as I made it to them, First base. "Namjoon! Go pass her!" not looking back, I assumed he had caught the ball and was hot on my tail. Picking up my speed, second base, dirt flew up from the force of my foot turning the corner. Tension was high as I was coming up on third base. The girls screeching for me to go faster and cheering me on; the guys yelling at Namjoon to get me, annoyed that he couldn't beat me so far.

Third base. Heart pounding loudly in my ears as I pumped my legs harder to reach home base and I could see Namjoon coming close to the base. As a last ditch effort to make a home run, I dropped onto my left side, left hand dragging on the ground for support, sliding to base a split second before Namjoon also slid to base. The girls erupted in cheers, clapping as I had scored our first home run. They girls ran up to me and helped me up; we jumped up and down together in a circle with wide grins on our faces.