Missing You

I hope to live one day less than you so I never have to live without you.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Jungkook's pov

Sitting at a table with the rest of the guys and a few other recruits, shoveling food down our throats because we only had a limited amount of time before we had to be finished eating. A few minutes later, our drill sergeant stood up, finished eating, meaning that everybody had to be done. We all stood up and filed into a single file line to the trash cans. Once we threw away our food, we waited for our next instructions.

"Recruit Jeon Jungkook! Report to Sergeant Hwang in the main building!" a man in a cameo uniform like us shouted.

Did I do something wrong? I questioned myself as I walked out of the building towards the large main building. Grabbing the door handle and pulling the door open, I walked through the silent hallway, the sound was my boots echoing with each step I took. Taking a right at the end of the hallway, I came to my sergeant's office. Taking a deep breath before knocking, "Who is it?!" he boomed, making me jump.

"It's me, recruit Jeon Jungkook."

"Oh, well come in." he opened the door and I faced our tall, broad shouldered sergeant who had a stern look on his face. Gulping, I stepped in, "You sent for me, sir?" I managed to get out, afraid I had done something wrong.

He turned around and picked something up off the desk; turning back to me, he handed me a white envelope. Giving him a curious look, I looked at the front and recognized Grace's hand writing. Heart leaping, I managed to maintain proper composure while bowing to him. "Don't open it until you return to your barracks." he said gruffly before ushering me out of the room and slamming the door.

Barely able to contain my excitement, I almost started running to my barracks that I shared with the guys. Walking briskly, I opened the door and then ran to my bed. Climbing up onto the top bunk, I crossed my legs and stared out her hand writing for a moment, tracing it with my finger before carefully opening the envelope, making sure not to tear it. I planned on keeping all of the letters she sent me, and I don't want anything to happen to these.

Carefully extracting the paper that was neatly folded, I opened it up and couldn't help but smile at the sight of her handwriting that I knew she really tried to make perfect. A bunch of stamps fell out and I guessed she sent them so I could write back to her. I laughed as I read the first line, but also felt the sting of homesickness. An image of her sitting at her desk, writing carefully with her cute smile on her face appeared in my brain

____________

Dear Jungkook,

I know it's not even been a month since you left, but I already miss you terribly. It's not the same without you guys here; we performed a cover for Blackpink's DDU-DU DDU-DU. I'm rapping Jennie's second part, and I was extremely nervous. But I went through the exercises you taught me and it truly helped. Nevermind about me, how is it in bootcamp? Have you had to have your room messed up because one of your roommates didn't have everything just right? My dad said they did that when he was in Marine boot camp. He said that if even a corner of your bed sheet wasn't tucked in right, everything would be ripped off, your stuff thrown out of dressers and shelves. I don't know if it's the same there though.

I most definitely have had to have my stuff messed up; it was rather overwhelming at first, the stress of our sergeant screaming at us to get to work in our room, telling us that it must be neater. God, that was a wake up call. I can't wait to watch all of her performances and I know she will deal with the pressure very well.