Entry 49

I moved my desk so that it faced out of my window. I wanted to see the way it looked outside.

I wanted to see people walking around and living their own lives. It made me feel better to know that even though my world may have stopped cold, other people were still moving.

I wanted to be like them. I wished that the only worry I had on any given day was whether my dog would wake me up early, or when I would go get my groceries for the week. Even as I wished that I could be like other people, I had trouble wondering how it would feel to be them. I couldn't comprehend how it would feel to live like them or walk a mile in their shoes.

I guess there were too many missing shades of blue.

I wondered how often Emma thought about that theory. Was it just something that popped into her head, or was it something that she lived by? Was it a way that she saw the world, or was it something that sounded pretty in the moment?

She was a mystery to me even though I knew her for what felt like a lifetime. She was some beautiful, complex, exciting, but impossible to grasp person. From how she grew up to how she died, she consistently took my breath away.

I wondered when I would stop thinking about her and have my world revolve around the sun instead.

But no matter when that time would come, it wasn't then. So I sat back and dreamed about her some more.