Chapter 9: Elijah's Power

(Our friend Anni Nimouse helped us write this chapter)

"Mommy, I don't feel good."

"Just look forward honey."

"Why?"

"You are carsick...Correct?"

"Yes."

"Than keep looking forward...Not just in the car, but always. Never look back on the things that have already happened. You can never change them, you can only learn from the experience and try to do better next time."

"I don't understand"

"You will *cough* Emily *cough* I promise."

"Mommy?!"

"I'm fine dear, just a cold."

The sun is blazing, yet rain is still pouring.

"Mama? You promised you would be fine. You have never broken a promise to me. You will wake up. It was just a cold...Remember?"

Yes the sun was blazing the day of my mother's funeral, but the rain dripping upon her body was just the tears that wouldn't stop pouring from my eyes.

"Emily, wake up." I heard the familiar sound of Elijah's voice. "Emily, I am so sorry about what happened to you." He wiped the single tear that was rolling down my cheek. The tears still wouldn't stop, just like that day...The day of my mom's funeral...The day my dad took all of the pills out of the medecine cabinet. "I can help you," Elijah said "I can create a portal into another world, where, once you are finished with the labors you must complete, drink the magenta liquid and you will be transported back into your reality."

"Okay..." I said.

"I'm sorry, but this will be painful."

Elijah put his hands on my head and I suddenly felt a gush of pain... "SHIT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The pain Elijah had given me to transport didn't go away. I looked down at myself in a hospital bed and thought to myself, "Why do I always end up here?" Again, I felt another gush of pain. I looked at my swollen belly and thought, "I should have taken Elijah more literally when he said labors."