Chapter 13: Why?

I woke up again. "Damn it! Why can't I just die?!"

That was really all I wanted. I couldn't handle my life anymore. My son was dead, I had left the love of my life, the entire reason I was on this endless journey, and I left him. I didn't think I could handle seeing Noah again. No, not after everything we had been through. I could hear Noah's voice."Oh god! Emily, my love! Please! Open your eyes!" My eyes fluttered open. I could just see Noah's tear stained cheeks. I could feel blood pouring from myself.

"Where...is...Cedar ?" I managed.

"She's in the nursery...Oh god...You're bleeding from everywhere. Why did you do that?! I wouldn't be able to handle being without you in my life..."

"Ugh...just...UGH!" I screamed. I stood up and ran away from this stupid hospital I always end up in.

"E-E-Emily? How...how can you just get up like there has been no damage done to your body? You fell off of a two story building. You shouldn't be able to move!"

"Oh don't you see my dear Noah." I twisted my head around to an angle that would seem painful to even watch. "I'm not like you, I'm an angel...a fallen angel."

My foot sunk into the concrete like quicksand. Noah's face was the most adorable face I had ever seen him make. The mixture of shock and disbelief. I saw a ribbon of light green flowers wrapped around my foot, "What the hell!? Is this the doing of Melennce?! Don't take me away again. I don't want to be back in your dungeon!!" I screamed being dragged down deport into the ground.

"It is ok Emily, I am not Melennce." I recognized this voice "I am doing to take you to my castle and help you; tell you what is going on. That is what you want...Isn't it?"

"Yes, but-" My body was consumed by the cold grey concrete.