Chapter 7: Act 2: (A Goddess?)

I didn't know ya'll like family fluff after seeing what you said about them last chapter.

——————————————————

After me and Gilgamesh came here and had a nice little moment between me, him and Enkidu. They let me wander off for a bit as long as I didn't go too far but it seems like I did.

Opps...

'Ah where am I...?' I looked around the area and yes it was nice forest and though it wasn't like the palace gardens it was pretty and somehow I prefer this because it has this way of making feel... safe I think...

But then I heard rustling nearby and I jumped thinking it was an animal.

'Wahh!! Is it a wild animal that coming here to kill me?!!' I moved back a bit afraid of what I was gonna find but what came out wan't animal at all but rather—

"Huh? Who are you?" It was a woman who looked around to my father age as she had pale skin and dark long hair that was tied up into two ponytails yet still kept a large portion of her hair down.

As for her clothing— well more like lack of clothing she had on one black stocking that had gold coloring and on the other leg had a golden anklet. She had on a black underwear with gold attached to it and her chest piece was white but there were golden items attached to it keeping it up and she also has one glove that reached to her upper arm which was also covered in gold.

But what drew me in most was...

"Your eyes..." I mumbled out unintentionally and the woman seemed to heard me

"W-What about my eyes?!" The woman got seemly defensive for some reason

'Wha— does she not like them or something?!' I kind panicked on the inside

"There are so pretty" it's true they were pretty because they kind like my eyes and the woman seemed surprised by my words

"Are they really?" She asked again but this time more gently as she walked closer to me

"Yea! Like the prettiest gems in all of Mesopotamia!" I kind yelled just a little but something told me that this woman was not an ordinary person

"Hmph naturally... though now I look at you you also have red eyes just like jewels." The woman replied with a air of narcissism but she was observant as she gently grabbed my chin and lifted it up so she can get a better look.

"What is your name?" She asked she had yet to released my chin

"My name is Athanasia! What's your miss?" The woman released my chin as she placed on of her hands on her chest while the other rests on her hip.

"I am the Goddes Ishtar..." if it were anyone else I thought they were crazy but everything in my body is telling that she is the real deal but I don't know how.

'Eh? The goddess Ishtar? Ehhh!!!??? One of the major Goddess in Mesopotamia?!' Now I was truly panicking I should've bowed my head!!! No maybe kissed her feet or something!!

"Hmph... your a cute kid..." she smiled a bit bashfully as blush decorated her cheeks

'Kid? I'm not a kid tho... but I'm not argue with a goddess...'

"Anyways tell me child... why do I feel the power of a god from you even though you are human and even your appearance matches a god..." though she was still smiling confidently, Ishtar tone held a sort of compelling tone that I couldn't help but answer.

"My father is Gilgamesh!" The moment I said this Ishtar face converted as it exploded into shades of red and she recoiled a bit but she coughed a bit regaining her composure.

"I didn't think he had a wife—" she mumbled a bit but I gave her the truth

"Father killed mother."

"Eh? Uh... Child should you be saying things like that?" Even Ishtar was taken back by my words as she placed both her hands on my shoulders and shaking me a bit.

"Isn't it though? Because I never knew her..." for some reason I felt a bit sad but the truth is she isn't even my real mom anyways but my words seem to upset Ishtar.

"Mmm... how would you feel if you got a new mother?" Ishtar removed both her hands from my shoulders as she titled her head to the side

"I don't know because it depends on the woman but she has to be nice and be right for my father!" And so she doesn't kill me for being Gilgamesh first child

"You really love your father—- but wait a moment if your that golden kings child then why are you put here?" Her face went from adoring me to looking suspiciously at me

"Father took me out with Uncle Enkidu to have some fun since it's boring in the palace!" Then Ishtar started choking on what tho? Had I no idea but she made a weird face at when I said 'uncle'

"The chain of heaven... created by the gods... reduced to being called an Uncle...Pftt hahaha!!" Ishtar started laughing uncontrollably at the thought of Enkidu taking care a kid when he himself was never a kid but something scared me and it was this new information about Enkidu.

"The chain of heaven... what is that?" I asked as Ishtar stopped laughing and looked at me.

"Huh? You don't know? Oh well I guess that father of yours never told you nor Enkidu either so I'll tell you because I am feeling nice today." Somehow while Ishtar started talking  when a large bow like weapon appeared and Ishtar sat on top of it.

But then she pulled me up with strength that I didn't know she had as she made sure I didn't fall while sitting on the weapon as it lifted a few feet off the ground  but not too far off.

"All right the goddess Ishtar shall tell you a tale so you better be grateful and listen..." she then started to speak

Authors note: I chose to keep Ishtar looks the same as Rin or when she possesses Rin because it makes things easier for me that way.