Chapter 8: (A Sick Day)

Currently it was daytime and the weather was pleasant in Uruk... well except for—

"Achoo!!"

I let out a loud sneeze before rubbing my nose just a little to make the odd sensation go away.

'That sneeze has been stuck for long... finally I let it out' worst sensation on earth... not being able to let out a sneeze...

'But anyways after yesterday I got sick and it turns out because I got food poisoning! And now from the gossip of the maids it sounds like Gilgamesh is on a rampage but isn't even here to visit me?!' I felt myself popping a vain right now but not before a I felt a cold shiver causing me to go under the blanket even more (if that was even possible)

"...My luck keeps getting worse..." I sniffled a little bit as I started to cry a little

'I wish lily was here...' I couldn't help but miss my nanny after all she took care of me and raised me it wouldn't be too much to say that she was like my mom.

'...Wait... I never had a mother in none of my lives!!' Now I just felt insulted at god or my maker they just really had to make me motherless multiple times! Not just once but three times at this point?!

'What higher power have I insulted for this pain I feel...' it was then that I heard a something move and it came from my balcony.

'Ah is this the part where I die?' I lifted myself up slowly on my bed to face the intruder but what I didn't expect was—

"Umm... how are you feeling...?" It was Ishtar as she popped her head in my line of view while looking rather bashful

"Goddess I-Ishtar...?! What are you doing here—I mean how are you here?!" I had to rub my eyes just to make sure that the sickness hasn't gotten to my brain but she was still here so it looks like she is real.

"Hmph don't underestimate me, I can get in or out of a place like this with no problem whatsoever." Ishtar snapped out of her bashful manner and returned with her usual confident tone as she walked into my room and beside my bed.

"It's not that I didn't believe you couldn't do it... it's just that— *Cough* * Cough*!!" before I can finish my sentence I fell into a coughing fit and when this happened Ishtar suddenly looked panicked.

"Hey!! Do you need anything?!" Although I couldn't tell her exact expression due to the coughing but she looked worried

"*Cough* Water... Please" I motioned to the bowl on top of the desk next to my bed which had water in it

"Right!" Ishtar moved quickly to get the bowl but was careful not to spill it.

I felt the bed dip just a little under her weight as Ishtar sat next to me and she placed one of her hands on my back to keep me steady while the other hand raised the bowl to my mouth.

I tilted my head back as Ishtar did the same thing with bowl allowing the water to fall into my mouth and while the water felt a little (by a little I meant a lot) warm due to it being left on the desk for quite a while now.

'Not really refreshing but it's better than dry throat' Ishtar pulled the bowl back from me and I wiped my mouth which had excess water on.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked in a worried voice

"Yea just a little bit." I mumbled which I shouldn't do due to it going against what I've been taught in both my past life and this life but I think it's fine right now.

"Thank you Ishtar..."

"... you better be thankful after all I came all this way to check on you" Though she said that as if she was burdened but she was smiling so warmly right now and her hand has never left my back.

I was getting sleepy and so I unintentionally leaned on Ishtar as I felt myself getting warmer and warmer and my mind began to haze over.

Instead of being pushed away rather Ishtar placed right hand on my head with her left hand snaked it's way around my waist pulling me close to her side and which my head had leaned on her shoulder.

"Go to sleep Athanasia and I swear... on the name goddess Ishtar you won't be harmed." At this point I was delirious or that Ishtar hair just turned blonde but I didn't question it because I fell asleep.

———————————————————

Ah...

I woke up in a dark room and I no longer felt the warmth coming from Ishtar body making me realize she was no longer here but instead I was tucked neatly in bed.

However my fever hadn't subsided but I could think clearly enough to notice that someone else was in the room.

'What is with people other than my own family coming in here while I'm sick?' That bastard Gilgamesh wouldn't even come check on me... well he could get other people for that but still.

"How are you feeling your highness...?" I soon heard a meek voice coming next to my bed and when I turned my head I saw a unfamiliar young girl standing there.

"Who—Who are you?" I muttered as I tried to analyze the girl in the darkness but the one thing I could make out was her face particularly her eyes which were a light blue and her eyes looked so kind but the color was odd in Mesopotamia.

"I'm one of the new servants chosen to take care of her highness." She replied as nervousness was evident in her voice but it would make sense since servants wouldn't just come up and talk to me like this girl.

"What's your name?" I sat up from my position on the bed to better face her in a conversation.

"My name...?"

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Normally I wouldn't say something this rude but I was sick and annoyed right now.

"My name is—" huh...? What did she just say?

My eyes widened when she said her name.

"...Lilian is my name your highness."

I have granted your wishes of bringing Lilian here also I won't be changing her name because it's annoying for me and hard to find a name that fit her.

Also I have a question what came first Demonic front Babylonia or Fate/Zero since I want to add Athanasia in both