Chapter 7: Act 3: (A Goddess?)

"All right the goddess Ishtar shall tell you a tale so you better be grateful and listen..." she then started to speak

———————————————

It was a peaceful afternoon well more like evening since the sun was setting but that did not deter a certain goddess from finishing her story to a princess.

"That's is the story of the chain of heaven who was supposed to defeat Gilgamesh yet somehow became his friend..." Ishtar voice fell near the end of the story that she told me.

"Wait so uncle was supposed to restrain father but they ended up becoming Friends? How does that work?" I tilted my head at the odd logic because whenever I see them, they both look so happy like the bestest of friends.

"I know honestly it gives you more of a headache then you you realizes especially when you remember that bastard didn't really change his ways." Ishtar stretched her limbs out as she sighed in hopelessness.

'Yea... he really didn't....' I shivered at a particular memory that came into my mind.

Flashback~

It was nighttime in Uruk and I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to take a walk and that day in particular I chose to sleep in Gilgamesh palace but how I would regret that decision.

Anyways I was walking around near my dad room when I heard something....Unholy....

"Hahhh..." It was a woman voice was moaning and I also heard grunting for some reason.

'Huh? Is someone dying...? But wait that's coming from daddy room.... Wait is he killing a poor woman?!' I became panicked at the idea of him hurting an innocent woman so I ran quietly to his room making sure not make any noise.

But when I got there, I instead saw a nightmare...

It was my dad on top of a naked woman doing unspeakable things to her and I swear I've never felt so horrified in my life.

Yes someone was dying... And that someone was me because I was dying of embarrassment...

I covered my mouth with my hand and ever so carefully (but also quickly) left the room and ran all the way back to my room and wrapped myself in the blanket to maybe make myself forget what happened.

I didn't forget what happened

End of Flashback

'In the end I avoided Gilgamesh like the plague for the few days because I couldn't even look my dad in the eyes after that...' I felt my own cheeks burn from the memory as I desperately tried to forget what even happened that night.

"Are you okay...? Your face are bright red..." suddenly I was reminded that Ishtar was here when she placed her hand on my head to check my temperature but she quickly pulled it back.

"Uhh your forehead is really hot for some reason." she genuinely looked concerned but I was just confused since I didn't feel like anything until I began to feel cold for some reason.

"It's cold here..." I wrapped my arms around my body in attempt to keep myself warm but it didn't really do anything.

"Huh? But the sun is still out, wait does this mean your sick?!" Ishtar grabbed onto my arms to make sure I didn't fall off her weapon as she brought me closer to her practically laying my head onto her chest.

"Ahh... what should I do...?" Ishtar pondered out loud because she never had to deal with a sick person in her life though she has heard of it and seen it before but never dealt with it because she was a goddess and such things were beneath her.

"I need to... go back to daddy..." I mumbled loud enough for her to hear me and we'll Ishtar looked apprehensive for a moment but her face changed as she lowered me back onto the ground carefully as well as she her jumping off her weapon to begin walking with me.

The giant weapon disappeared but Ishtar didn't look to concerned about it but she kept a hand on my shoulder to ensure I didn't fall over when walking.

'I can go back myself but... I'm sure she just doing it because she is worried...' I glanced over to the goddess next to me while she was scanning the area probably looking for Gilgamesh but soon she stopped walking.

"Alright, your father is just on the other side and so you need to go over there yourself." Ishtar pointed beyond a tree line but I was worried.

"Aren't you gonna come?"

"It's easier if I don't show myself to that bastard." She gave me one final smile which I returned despite my sicken state as I walked forward to my dad.

"Bye-bye Ishtar I want to see you again." No I didn't but how could I tell that to a goddess when she was being nice.

"If that's you want I suppose...." I saw her mouth moving but I couldn't hear what she was saying

Oh well... time to go back to dad

I walked past the tree line to see my dad and Enkidu sitting on the ground while talking.

'Who knew he could look so relaxed...' but my mind began to gaze over as a reminder that I was probably sick.

"dad! Uncle!" I yelled for them and I quickly I got their attention because they both stood up and came over to me.

"Athanasia? What's wrong, your face is red?" Enkidu was quick to worry as he placed a hand on my face which he also quickly pulled back.

"Your sick..." he whispered quietly

"How on earth did you get sick?" Gilgamesh raised a eyebrow at me maybe not believing that his own child would get sick so easily.

"Let us save the judgment for later Gilgamesh and let's get the little one back to the palace for treatment..." Enkidu picked me up in his (bridal style mind you) as he begin to walk away with Gilgamesh not too far behind him.

My arms were wrapped around Enkidu neck as I buried my face in his shoulder but I caught a glimpse of a woman.

The woman was Ishtar who looked at me worriedly and for a moment.... I thought her hair was blonde....