Chapter 9: Act 6: (The Servant and The Bitch)

It was a cool night which was contrast to the heat of the daytime which is why I wasn't asleep but rather on my balcony, in my night clothes, just trying to cool off from the events of the day.

"My, you look very tired." A feminine voice made itself known in the night and I turned my head to see a familiar woman.

Or rather goddess.

"Goddess Ishtar" I said with a smile on my face as I turned to face her and naturally she hasn't changed over the years, not in looks and not in personality.

"The one and only." She said as she floated down onto the stone balcony railing with a confident look on her face.

"But what are you still awake? You just had an exhausting night and if it were me I would've been in my bed all asleep by now." Ishtar placed her hands on her hips as she jumped down from the stone railing and down onto the balcony and I stepped back a bit to make room for her.

"I just wanted some fresh air... the daytime heat takes a lot of people." I had a bit of a tired smile on from the day.

'It's not really the heat though... more like the people...' I silently thought as I closed my eyes remembering the faces of Belteshazzar, Ninlil, Enlil and Omarosa came into my mind.

"Your seriously lying to me?" Ishtar suddenly unusual harsh words brought me back from my thinking as I saw she had a crossed look on her face.

"Huh?" Right when I said that Ishtar flicked my forehead and a stinging pain spring forward as my hand immediately went to hold the pained spot.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"For lying to me, I'm not stupid, I know when something is bothering you!" She yelled back at me in a similar manner compared towards my dad.

'You act like a kid! Which might just be bad as being stupid if not worse!' I chose to keep that comment to myself lest I'd be killed by a goddess.

"That would mark my third death..." I unknowingly mumbled as my eye brows furrowed.

"Huh? What did you say?" For a moment I had forgotten Ishtar was here when I had said that but it seems like she didn't hear anything.

"Nothing." I answered quickly so she doesn't get suspicious or anything.

'...third death...' as I thought that for a moment and just a moment...

I thought I saw Ishtar hair turn blonde...

A golden color like that would represent gods and the one that was similar to mine and Gilgamesh hair color.

But then her hair went back to normal and I knew this time that I wasn't imagining it like last time because this time I was wide awake and not sick.

"Hey! Why are you just staring? It's very rude you know" Ishtar snarked back but I can see there was worry on her eyes and perhaps like my dad, she wasn't used to showing affection.

"..." I said nothing

"...Are you alright...?"  This time she chose to completely drop the facade of being a snarky goddess.

"... I... am alright... don't worry!" But I couldn't stop pretending because maybe it was just in my nature to lie about how I felt and the more I begin to think about my past the more I felt like I was lying.