Chapter 9: Act 3: (The Servant and The Bitch)

The nighttime air of spring was cool and it wasn't blistering hot nor was it freezing cold, just the right temperature.

Normally mostly everyone would be asleep especially for the next day of where Gilgamesh birthday is celebrated which a whole festival is being held in his honor.

Well normally we should be asleep but my father has other plans.

*Yawn* I yawned for what felt like the hundredth time

"You know we should really get some rest for tomorrow..." Enkidu gently voice reminded us however  we were subjected to Gilgamesh wishes.

We? Oh yes maybe I should clarify, currently me, Gilgamesh, Enkidu and even Lucas were all in Gilgamesh bedchambers doing whatever .

Well Lucas and I were originally playing some board games that they have in this era which I was surprised about but after about eight rounds of playing and now on our ninth round we were getting bored.

"Ha! I win again!" Lucas triumphantly proclaimed as he smiled smugly at me.

"Wha—! How, are you cheating?!" I yelled back because there was no way that Lucas won three times in a row.

"No I'm not." Contrast to my angry face, Lucas looked completely calm probably because he won again.

"Yes you are!" I refused to believe it but soon I felt someone hand on my head and I looked over to see my dad looking down at me with hand on my hand.

"Accept your loss Athanasia." Gilgamesh said something unexpected and Enkidu looked surprised himself.

"If this was you, you wouldn't have accepted it." I pouted back as I placed both of my hands onto Gilgamesh large one.

"I said accept the loss but I never said you couldn't take your revenge and make him pay." A sly, feline smile crept its way onto Gilgamesh face as I felt a shiver down my spine and I'm sure Lucas may have felt it too.

"Gil, you cannot tell a child that..." Enkidu chastised Gilgamesh for his words as Enkidu pulled me away from Gilgamesh and brought me closer to himself and did the same with Lucas with his other hand.

Currently in one hand, Enkidu held me and I was sort of in his lap while in Enkidu other hand he held Lucas firmly to his side but one thing was for sure both me and Lucas were being held against Enkidu with my dad looking a bit upset.

"Why are you taking my child from me?" Gilgamesh asked as his eye narrowed at his best friend.

"If I recall correctly, someone asked me to take care of Athanasia and later on Lucas as well and oh look she calls me uncle as well." Enkidu replied smugly which I didn't even know he was capable of but regardless my eyes met Lucas for a moment and he looked confused.

'Right.... Lucas doesn't know that I call Enkidu uncle... eh not my problem.' I turned my eyes back onto my dad whose eyes were locked with Enkidu and it felt like a fight is gonna break out any moment.

"... you two are like a married couple fighting over their kids..." Lucas suddenly blurted out as his face looked sorta deadpanned and well both Enkidu and Gilgamesh froze at Lucas words.

"Yea, you guys are like that..." I decided to add onto Lucas words because one I don't want him to die and two, what other chance I do get to make fun of them like this.

"..."

"..."

The room was silent as no one made a sound and for a moment I was beginning to fear for my life as Gilgamesh and Enkidu remained completely still meanwhile my eyes just went back and fourth between the two waiting for to do something!

And Lucas....

Well he was nonchalant as always but regardless, did we go too far with our joke?

"...Your speaking nonsense..."

"...Perhaps you two are too tired from staying up so late..."

finally both Enkidu and Gilgamesh said something and at the same time which prompted them to look at each other for a moment before returning their gaze back to us.

"Let's go to sleep after all we do have a big day and since someone has been keeping us we'll probably be very tired tomorrow." Enkidu said as he returned back to his naturally kind self except for that last comment being directed at Gilgamesh.

"I am King, I can do as I please especially when my birthday is coming up." Gilgamesh said haughtily as he took the opportunity to grab me by my waist and pull me back towards himself and secured me in his arms.

"A tyrant king that is..." Enkidu words do not match his face at all since he looked so kind especially with Lucas in his own arms and even Lucas looked like he was comfortable.

*Yawn*

*Yawn*

Before I knew it, both me and my dad yawned at the same time which we realized and quickly tried to cover up but it was too late as we saw Lucas and Enkidu chuckling at us.

"Truly like father like daughter... anyways let's go to sleep." Enkidu looked so happy and so did Lucas which was rare to say.

'Oh well... I guess it's fine because they're so happy...' I unknowingly smiled a little as all four of us chose to sleep on Gilgamesh room for the night since none of us actually felt like leaving also it was 'king orders'

Me and Lucas slept in the middle with behind me was Gilgamesh and on Lucas other side was Enkidu and truthfully it felt like we were a family... well a strange one that is but never mind that for now, I was content with my life now.

I soon felt someone grabbed my hand and I peaked open my eyes to see it was Lucas who was holding me hand and honestly I was grateful for the darkness of the night since I'm sure I am blushing.

"goodnight..." lucas whispered out and I felt my heart begin to beat faster.

"...goodnight Lucas..." I returned back with my own smile and I knew he couldn't see it but still it felt nice.

"Go to sleep." Suddenly Gilgamesh spoke up and I flinched a little because I thought he was asleep.

"S-Sorry..." I muttered as I felt Gilgamesh place his hand on top of my head maybe for comfort? But honestly I didn't care because it felt very nice and so I closed my eyes once again.

Little did I know what I'd have in store for me tomorrow...