Chapter 9: Act 5: (The Servant and The Bitch)

The atmosphere felt festive as there were chatter among the noble and food that came from the hunt that was carried out in honor of the king and for the more common folk there was a festival held for four days.

No matter how anyone feels about Gilgamesh, no one can deny that he is the king which means he can do whatever he likes even if it's not what everyone wants, I mean he is a tyrant who takes women and beds them, kills those who oppose him and is generally arrogant.

'But even after all that... I feel like Gilgamesh can be a good king if he tries...' I thought quietly pondering over my dad as I sneaked a glance at him, who was sitting next to me on his throne.

Currently Gilgamesh was sitting on his throne with an arm propping his head up and his eyes were scanning the scene in front of him which was honestly nothing worth noting because it was just a bunch of nobles talking with one another and yet they were all painfully aware of Gilgamesh sitting on the throne which is why they were occasionally throwing looks our way to ensure that the King hasn't made a move or gesture.

As for me, Gilgamesh insisted on having me by his side saying 'to ensure no pest come up to you' whatever that means but should I take this as a sign that he loves me?

For him... I can never be too sure that Gilgamesh actually loves me, I mean he could just be keeping me around because I'm interesting and when he does get bored does that mean he'll throw me out?

"What is with that expression?" Suddenly a deep voice brings me back to reality and I look to see Gilgamesh looking at me still keeping his head propped up with his arm.

"My expression?" I resisted the urge to touch my face knowing that I had makeup on and it would smudge if made contact with.

"Yes, it does not befit for a king birthday banquet especially if the king is your father." Gilgamesh tone was rather unknown to me it felt too much another man was speaking to me rather the more gentle way he would speak to me in private but perhaps this was Gilgamesh in action.

"I was thinking..." for a moment I wanted to say how I felt but I couldn't because this isn't Claude.

"Do not cut yourself off, continue" I looked back to Gilgamesh full attention on me and that meant he was get the answer out of me no matter what.

"Will you throw me out when your bored?" I couldn't stop myself from saying it even though I knew better but I honestly never enjoyed these events since it always made me remember what I don't want to.

"Than I don't really care what happens to her" those words echoed loudly in my mind as the early days of when I was a baby resurfaced in my head, back when I was a stranger to this world.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

'Huh?' My eyes widened for a second as my dad words was something I wasn't expecting to hear from him of all people.

"The way you treat other women and people..." I mumbled out feeling a sense of hope that I honestly didn't want to feed into, afraid that it would be false.

"They are just mongrels, if you dare to compare yourself to them... then be prepared to face the consequences." For a moment Gilgamesh eyes glowed red as his pupils silt even more which looked rather impossible but he proved otherwise.

"Huh? I didn't even do anything wrong?"

"Yes you did, you were dangerously close to committing the crime of comparing yourself to lesser beings." Gilgamesh face was stoic which didn't match his words and it only took a few seconds for me to crack.

"Pft-!" I placed my hand in front my lips and bend over just a little in an attempt to hide my laughter because we were in public and I would like crazy if I just started laughing out so I had no choice but to hold it in however I did get a few chuckles in.

"There we go, that smile suits you much better." Gilgamesh had a feline smile on his face as he reached his hand to pat my head before retracting it back to his side.

"Your majesty and your highness..." a familiar voice spoke up to which Gilgamesh and I turned my head to see a somewhat middle aged man bowing in front us.

"Belteshazzar..." suddenly Gilgamesh pleasant face turned sour as he grumbled out the man's name in a disgusted manner.

"What is it that you want?" Gilgamesh made his disdain quite clear and it made the man now known as Ali.

'I don't think I've ever seen dad act like this towards anyone... well maybe not NEVER but still he doesn't treat them like this on sight...' I got nervous a bit at my father reaction.

"Now, now your majesty, there is no need for hostility I just came to congratulate you on your birthday and to introd—" before the man could even finish his sentence he was cut off promptly.

"I do not need your introductions and cut the talk and state your business." Gilgamesh growled clearly not in a good mood since Belteshazzar arrival.

"... Very well as per the tradition of my household, I must introduce my daughter Ninlil, who is on the pathway to become a priestess and we would require your majesty acknowledgment." Belteshazzar immediately got to the point and I quickly realized that this was the father of Omarosa, Ninlil and Enlil and two sons I believe but I soon realized that there was a young girl who looked just a little younger than me was standing next to her father.

But boy she looked beautiful even as a child, her hair was quite light almost blonde and although her skin was quite pale but not paler than mine, she did though have hazel eyes.

'Blonde hair is usually associated with gods so is this the reason why she's becoming a priestess?' I thought silently making sure to keep my face neutral.

"She will become a priestess of—" once more by Gilgamesh Belteshazzar was cut off.

"I do not care to know, she may become a priestess or whatever you have in mind but I simply don't care about others daughters." Gilgamesh bluntly said as he didn't even spare Ninlil a glance and he honestly kept his eyes more on his drink than the two.

For moment though Belteshazzar eyes met mine and I saw his dark eyes looking menacingly at me or perhaps that was just his face however there was also something else mixed in his eyes... something I wasn't familiar with... was it lust...? Or hatred...?

"Continue to look at my daughter like and you will lose your eyes along with other body parts." Gilgamesh was quick to issue a warning and I honestly thought he would've have killed Belteshazzar on spot but I guess he can't spoil his own birthday banquet and ruin it over the death of one of his officers.

"Forgive me your majesty..." quickly Belteshazzar moved his eyes back down on the ground.

"Leave my presence and do not let me see your face again during the duration of the festival." Just as Gilgamesh ordered Belteshazzar and his daughter left and somehow we didn't get the attention of the nobles but they were listening just pretending not see anything.

'They practically mastered the art of pretending not to see or anything but they know more then they let on...' I knew from past experience because for nobles it's one of the things they are good at.

I felt a large hand on my back as it pulled me closer I looked to see it was Gilgamesh who had gotten up from his seat and was looking down at me.

"Let us go Athanasia, that man ruined my mood." Gilgamesh grumbled clearly not satisfied with staying anymore and honestly I wanted out of this place too so I just nodded and followed along.

Unknowingly a pair of red eyes were watching the entire interaction go down and the way Belteshazzar looked at Athanasia left a sour taste in their mouth.

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this chapter since I feel like I did it much more differently then I did for all my other chapters.

Probably because I chose to show Athanasia own fears and insecurities more anyways did you guys like the way I did this chapter or should I just go back to how did it before?