Chapter 11: Act 3: (Descent Into The Underworld)

"Because I'm the one who brought you down here prematurely since you weren't really supposed to die!"

"...WHAT?!"

———————————————————

I stared at Ereshkigal with an incredulous look at her words and yet I can't find it in myself to be upset at her even though I was at my situation.

"Why?" I asked

"Huh?"

"Why did you bring me down to the underworld?" I repeated my question and while Ereshkigal looked a bit embarrassed as she avoided my eyes for a bit before staring at me.

"I know what I'm about to say sounds ridiculous but... something about your soul... is different from others..." At her words my eyes flew open and for a moment I heard my own heartbeat despite that I was dead.

'Does she... know...?' The possibility of the goddess of the underworld knowing about how I lived several lifetimes before this one wasn't really far fetched I mean Lucas seemed to know all along but never brought it.

If anything it made more sense that Ereshkigal would've found out since all souls eventually enter the underworld.

But was it safe to trust her...?

"H-How can you be certain?" I asked and at my demeanor shifting she noticed.

"Your soul... it seemed worn out as if you've experienced more..." Ereshkigal explained and honestly her words made sense if you think about it since I lived several lifetimes and each time there was also something that killed me before I ever truly lived.

'Actually now that I think about it... I never did live past the age of my twenties...' when that realization came to me, I began to realize that I was really young and yet I kept on dying mostly because of family.

Would the same thing happen again?

"Not to mention there is a sort of pull I feel towards you but I can't explain it..." when Ereshkigal said that, it quickly grabbed my attention.

"A pull?"

"Yes, I don't know what it is but there's something about your magic... that makes it unique."

That was something new since the topic of my magic rarely ever came up but I do remember that my grandmother came for a reason like that.

'What was it again?'

———————————————————
*FlashBack*

"I felt my dear's magic growing amuck which is rather odd since it is being tamed and growing out of control." Ninsun had just dropped a bombshell on us and all she did was give a half-lidded smile

"Her magic? Is growing out of control..." Enkidu said with a grave voice and I have never seen him like this.

"Mother why on earth have you not come sooner and bring this issue to our attention?" Gilgamesh almost growled at her

———————————————————

'Ah right... it was then that Excalibur was made for me to contained...' I didn't realize I was beginning to space out in my thoughts.

"...Athanasia" but Ereshkigal pulled me out of my thoughts and when I looked at her, she couldn't help but look awkward.

"If you know the reason why... then could you please tell me so I can understand" Ereshkigal said it so... shyly and without confidence that it was hard to believe that this women in front of me was a god.