Chapter 9: Act 1: (The Servant and The Bitch)

A few weeks after my recovery from sickness and another Banquet is being held for my father birthday and naturally so I'm excepted to attend.

Which is why THIS is happening right now and currently I'm getting more fabric and clothes being thrown at me then me actually trying these clothes on.

"No bring the next one." Oh and Gilgamesh is here too for SOME reason even though I'm a girl and he is a fully grown adult male in a room of women.(No worries Athy changed in a separate room and would show him the final product)

"Father why are you here again?" I asked as another maid brought in a deep red shawl for me.

"How many times do I have to explain? And here I thought my daughter is smart maybe you are only book smart" when Gilgamesh said this his brows furrowed as he took a sip of his wine looking rather annoyed.

'AH?! Well excuse me if your not the one making any sense!' I felt myself pop a vein as I gave his annoyed look a glare but Gilgamesh just brushed it off and actually gave me an explanation.

"You are my daughter therefore I will not tolerate you coming to my birthday banquet wearing rags." He looked smug as he said this and reclined further down on the pillows.

But from behind him I could see one of the women who was working with the other to coordinate my outfit give him a glare, maybe at insulting their craft when they are working so hard to make the best outfit for and keeping it appropriate as well for such an occasion.

'No worries ladies... I know how you feel...' I mentally applauded the workers for still working despite the insults but even so one thing crossed my mind.

"...father will King Abu-Waqar and his family be there...?" I asked hesitantly as my eyes met his however...

"Who?"

"...huh?"Apparently something has been lost in communication because Gilgamesh doesn't know who I'm talking about.

"Who on earth are you talking about?" He arched his brow giving him a rather judgmental look compared to my stupefied expression.

"...Father... do you not remember the king who you made an alliance with...?" I hesitantly asked as my mind felt rather blank right now.

"No, I'm THE king and I do not remember the names of lesser beings." Gilgamesh looked upset at me for even asking.

"He's... you what never mind..." I decided to just keep my mouth, I mean I would just find out for myself really.

'I hope he doesn't come though...' I put my lips together as my eyes came across the door way to out of this nightmare but until Gilgamesh gives the order I couldn't leave.

'I mean... if he orders me does that mean I have to do it...? I am his daughter...' it seems that I wasn't being as discreet as I thought because then came this—

"I do not like any of these clothing, you four, come back tomorrow with different options!" Gilgamesh ordered the women to which they followed rather quickly and left the room.

"Athanasia, go and change quickly." Then he turned to me and sharply ordered as well.

"Huh? Alright." I complied but honestly I wanted to change and relax a bit because I'm feeling tired from trying out all those outfits.

I went into the separate room and changed back into my regular clothes and came back out to see Gilgamesh waiting for me by the door.

"I'm finished dad." His eyes looked at me momentarily before looking at the door again.

"We're going on a walk, I cannot stand staying indoors any longer right now."  With that we both started to make our way to the garden.

'Did he maybe realize that I was getting tired so he told them to leave..?' It left warm feeling in chest knowing that Gilgamesh did that as a sign that he cares about me.

The moment we were in the garden I breathed out being tired from the dressing and it's seems Gilgamesh wasn't really lying when he said he couldn't stand being indoors because he also let out a sigh.

But regardless we both walked around the garden and while it was mostly me talking Gilgamesh came around with his remarks and usual arrogance but the atmosphere felt nice and pleasant especially since he had been busy in preparation for his birthday so I rarely get to see him.

HOWEVER it appears that the universe loves to make my life difficult for example—

*sniffle*

'Huh?' Both me and my dad stopped dead in our tracks when we heard... someone crying...?

I looked in the direction and it led off the pathway of the garden and so I decided to walk closer but Gilgamesh stood still behind me although his eyes were locked on the area from where the noise was coming from.

I moved the tree branches a little to see a girl that looks a little younger then my age, with tan skin and a mix between dark brown and light brown hair color, she also was wearing quite expensive clothing which meant that she was a noble.

"Hello..? Are you alright?" I asked rather worriedly because she looked quite young and maybe she was lost.

The girl suddenly realized that there was another person as she quickly looked and I saw she had large chocolate colored eyes with tears in them.

"The goddess..." the mystery young girl said as she looked in awe at me but I quickly shook my head.

"No i'm not a goddess but what are you doing here?" I tried to look as friendly as possible so she wouldn't get scared of me.

"I got lost from my older sister..."

'Ahh I see... but wait a second... this is the king garden?! So why would they be here?' I was suddenly confused by this revelation so only one way to find out.

"Why would you and your sister be here?" I helped the young girl onto her feet as I patted away any dust that clung onto his clothes.

"My older sister said that in the king's garden there is a goddess in there and I wanted to see it so she brought me here and told me to stay here while she goes and finds it!" Though she replied happily I was quite shocked for the right reason

'This girl sister...brought her here knowing that she'll get in trouble and then left her?!' I didn't have time to sally on this little thing as I soon heard a loud girly scream.

"Enlil!!" Me, my dad and the girl turned our heads in the direction to see another girl this time looking around my age with the looks of the child by me and she was running towards us.

"Older sister!" The little girl next to me ran to the other girl who is her older sister.

"Who are you?" Gilgamesh who had been silent suddenly spoke up as both the girls realized there was someone else other than me.

Authors note
Sorry I won't be able to update as much because my brother just got surgery and my family life is a little crazy because of it.

So it may be awhile between updates.