Chapter 1: A Meeting In Paradise

A/N: For the book, I have given Y/N a name, but he is still Male. If you would prefer to picture Y/N as a G!P instead, feel free.

-------------------------------------------------------

June 17th, 2019

POV: Alex

Summer Vacation prior to soccer season being started was always relaxing. This year I decided to go all out, using a portion of my inheritance to travel across the world to Fiji. I had gotten in mid afternoon yesterday and spent most of the day just getting acclimated to the time zone difference. The flight had featured a movie called IRON MAN, but I had fallen asleep while watching. I managed to find it on the hotel's streaming site, and finished it. It was a good movie, the guy that played Tony Stark was awesome. The mid morning on day two found me heading to the beach to enjoy the sun. I sat on a beach chair, my toes dug into the soft, warm sand, as I watched the other vacationers. People watching had always been one of my favorite things to do.

My eyes fell on a rather startlingly beautiful woman, her blonde hair falling just right on her shoulders, standing at the bar, wearing a black and white one piece swimsuit and a look of discomfort on her face. There was a guy, just slightly taller than her with a rounded belly and not much hair on his head, standing extremely close to her, and she kept pulling away from him. He seemed oblivious to her wanting to get away from. Typical male, not paying attention to the very woman they are trying to get with. I rolled my eyes.

I shook my head as I watched her once again pull away from him. I felt like something was pulling me to step in. I stood, grabbing my empty cup, my towel and slipping on my flip flops. I made my way over, stepping up behind the woman and gently whispering in her ear.

"Sorry for stepping in like this but you seem rather uncomfortable. If you would like me to step in and pretend to be a family member or a boyfriend, just turn and hug me." I set my empty glass on the bar and waited for a moment as she processed my words. Without saying a word to me, she spun with a large smile on her face and threw her arms around my shoulders. I smiled right back at her, allowing her to touch me however she felt was needed.

"Baby! I wondered where you disappeared to." Her voice was like music, so melodic. I could listen to her speak all day every day and never grow bored.

"I was waiting at our chairs, darlin." I gently wrapped my arms around her waist, keeping them at her waist level and not dipping below that. I had respect for women, thanks to my mother, god rest her soul.

"I looked and didn't see you, babe. I must have just not spotted you." She admitted, pulling me into a tight hug, her breath tickled the pulse point of my neck. "Name's Elizabeth, Lizzie if you want."

"Alex." I whispered back, pretending to press a kiss to her cheek. "Let's get our drinks and head back to the chairs."

We quickly ordered our drinks, another mojito for me with a sex on the beach for her, only to be stopped by the man that had originally made Lizzie uncomfortable.

"Excuse me, who the hell are you?" He asked, grabbing onto Lizzie's wrist. I saw her flinch and my body tensed in anger. Who the fuck would put their hands on a woman they didn't even know?

"Name's Alex, and you have my girlfriend's wrist in your hand. I am going to give you three seconds to remove your hand, before I remove it for you." I did my best to slip between the two, trying to push her behind me to protect her the best I could.

I easily stood a good half-foot taller than him, perks of being 6 foot 3 inches tall, which made him loosen up on Lizzie's wrist. I took a step towards him, squaring my shoulders, and he let go altogether. "That's what I thought. Find someone else to bother, or better yet... don't do that either."