Chapter 4: COVID

March 20th, 2020

POV: Lizzie

As I drove onto the lot for filming I was told to meet with the whole cast on the main filming stage for a meeting. I had a feeling I knew what it was going to be about but I wasn't fully sure. I had been watching the news a lot lately, given that the virus was only spreading. AJ had been trying to keep me from watching the news, knowing how deeply I can spiral. As I stepped onto the main filming stage, I spotted Paul and Kathryn talking. I made my way over and sighed. We all had taken to wearing masks at this point, wanting to protect ourselves.

"Is this what I am thinking it is?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself, the sleeves of my hoodie rolled up. I had stolen one of AJ's hoodies. It didn't smell like him anymore, but it was his and that would have to be enough for now.

"Isn't that hoodie a bit... big for you?" Kathryn gently tugged on one of the sleeves.

"It's AJ's." Paul explained, laughing.

"AJ?" Kathryn asked, arching her eyebrow.

"My... other half?" I hesitated. I couldn't very well call him my boyfriend yet... Could I?

"You have an other half?" Kathryn questioned. "When did that happen? Details!"

I quickly explained how AJ and I had met, sparing no details. The look on Kathryn's face was priceless. Before she could respond, Kevin and several nurses appeared in the doorway. Kevin motioned for us all to take a seat in the chairs that were provided. The chairs were several feet apart. The nurses, dressed from head to toe in protective equipment.

"Everyone take a seat... we have a few things to go over." Kevin Feige said, his voice slightly muffled by his mask.

"This can't be good." Paul said, as he took the seat closest to me.

Once we were all seated, Kevin explained that one of the other Marvel sets had tested positive for COVID. The nurses were here to test us and he was here to shut production down. We would be sheltering here in Atlanta. My heart broke for a moment, knowing that I would be so far away from my love.

"I have to call AJ. He's gonna be so worried." I whispered to myself, but it seems Paul heard me.

"How is Alex? Is he being safe?" Paul asked, as the nurses began their tests.

"He's finally over whatever sickness hit him at the end of last month. His classes have already gone virtual. He is upset that the soccer season has been canceled." I explained, as the nurse got to me.

"Ms. Olsen, if you would lower your mask and tilt your head back. This will be uncomfortable." The nurse warned me as she stood in front of me. "Try not to pull away."

I did as asked and it took all my willpower not to pull away from the nurse's actions as the swab went up my nose. It took a few seconds for them to get the sample they needed and pull the swab back out. I noticed that there were some specks of blood on the swab. The nurse quickly handed me a napkin and I was confused.

"Your nose is bleeding. Don't worry. It's one of the few side effects. Nothing to be overly concerned about." The nurse spoke softly, as she moved over to Paul.

After everyone had been tested, Kevin stood back in front of all of us and told us the results would be available as soon as possible. "At this time, Until further notice, we are shutting down production. We can finish filming in LA when everything calms down. We will test weekly, unless anyone feels they have symptoms. If anyone does test positive, we will handle that as it comes. Does anyone have any questions?"

"Do we know when we will be able to go home?" I asked.

"As soon as travel is back open, we do not have a set date yet. As soon as we know, you will know. Once you get back to your rentals, you will find some basic groceries, as well as a list of available extra groceries and a phone number to call. If you need anything on that list, or need more of what you already have, call the number. Everything will be covered by Marvel, given that this is something that no one can control." Kevin assured us all. He dismissed us.

I went to my trailer and gathered all my things, before heading to the drivers that had been arranged for us. As I got to my rental, I pulled out my phone and texted AJ.

-----------------------------------

Chase <3

Babe, are you awake yet?

AJ <3

For you, always. You ok?

Chase <3

Production was just shut down due to Covid. We got tested today.

---------------------------------------

My phone rang and I saw AJ's name on my phone. He would always know what to say to calm me down. It's one of the main things I love about him.

"Darlin." He said softly. "Are you ok?"

"Yes babe. I'm safely back in my rental, which has been cleaned and disinfected by professionals. Plus they also went shopping for us as well." I explained.

"Just be safe about everything. Masks all the time. Stay home. I know your rental has a nice garden." He warned. "It's getting dangerous over here and I don't imagine that it will be much different there. Did they say when you could fly back?"

"They don't know yet. As soon as they do, I'll let you know." I laid down on the couch and sighed softly. "I wish I was there with you, while the world seems to end around us."

"Darlin, I would much rather have you here too. At least I would know you are safe." He admitted. He went to speak again only to be cut off by his alarm. "I gotta go, darlin, got a lecture to give. We are starting our Viking section."

"Sounds riveting, babe. Get going. You have young minds to shape and guide." I said softly, wanting nothing but to be held by him. "You are my person."

"You are my person, darlin. Be safe, call me later tonight." He said before the call disconnected.

"I love you so much, AJ." I whispered as I pulled the phone away from my ear.

-----------------

We were shut down until early September, when Marvel booked a plane for cast and crew only, back to LA. Marvel made it clear that we would be secluded in a hotel near the set and not allowed to leave aside from filming. Filming continued, with testing nearly every week, and went on until November.

AJ and I spoke every day and it hurt being so close but not being able to see him in person. He still had yet to admit to what he said back in December, but I would wait forever for him. I knew in my heart he was the one and there was nothing that could change that.

Directly after filming wrapped, I was on a plane to England for Multiverse of Madness. I wanted so bad to see AJ before I went, but I wasn't able to do so. And it broke my heart.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A rather shorter chapter.

Word Count: 1226