Chapter 11: Holidays With The Olsen Clan

December 20th, 2022

POV: Alex

I had been excited to invite nearly the whole Olsen clan to the home that Chase and I share for the holidays. I knew that we would be headed up to New York for New Years, as per Olsen Tradition. I was at the kitchen counter prepping some veggies from the garden to be put into the air fryer for dinner tonight.

"We can still back out of this..." Chase said, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind. "Are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely. I know the Twins can't make it, but Jarnie has already said she will be here soon. Trent will be here on the 24th, your dad and younger siblings the day of. I'm excited." I answered, placing my hand on hers, the other setting the knife I was using down on the cutting board. "Are you not excited? It's our second Christmas together, our first technically as a couple."

I heard her squeak from behind me before she slid under one of my arms and got in between me and the counter. I saw the smile on her face and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Hello Beautiful."

Her eyes lit up at my words and she leaned into me. "Hey Handsome. You really are excited to celebrate with my family?"

"Soon enough... they will be our family." I whispered, not intending for her to hear it. Her eyes locked on mine for a moment, her whole body tense. "Darlin?"

"Do you mean that?" She asked softly. "Our family."

I hesitated for a moment before wrapping my arms around her. "Yes. Absolutely. Soon enough, my love. I'm in this for the long run, Elizabeth Chase. I love you."

"I love you, Alexander Jaiden." She laid her head on my chest.

We stood cuddled in the kitchen, making whispered plans for the future. By the time the doorbell rang, we had planned on where and what our wedding would look like even possible children's names.

Chase pulled away, pressing a kiss to my cheek as I finished setting up the veggies I had started. I heard two voices as they got closer to the kitchen.

"Alex!" Jarnie greeted me.

"Jarnie!" I greeted back, looking over my shoulder. "Give me a moment and I will greet you properly." I finished up what I was doing before turning to face the two Olsen Women.

There leaning against the kitchen island was my future wife and mother-in-law. I could see it now. Chase is standing there with a small child in her hands, talking to Jarnie about the child's newest achievement.

It was Chase's arm on mine that pulled me from that vision and back to the current. "AJ?"

"Sorry. I was thinking about something." I answered looking at Chase. I leaned into her and whispered in her ear. "The image of you, holding our child, talking to your mom about the baby's newest achievement..."

She shivered as I spoke, before a bright smile filled her face. "I love you, AJ."

"I love you, Chase."

"The two of you.... Mmmm." Jarnie said softly, breaking us out of our little bubble.

"Jarnie, welcome. It's amazing to see you." I greeted the Elder Olsen. "You look radiant." I opened my arms and she pulled me in for a hug.

"Alex, sweet as always. You look well." She hugged me tightly. "I know that look you had, Alex. I'm sure that whatever it is you saw, it will come true eventually."

"Eventually." I agreed, as I pulled away. "Dinner will be about ten more minutes, if you ladies want to relax in the living room, I will handle the rest."