Chapter 8: We Are...?

May 2nd, 2022

POV: Lizzie

AJ and I had arrived at the red carpet and I could already hear the press yelling the names of my other cast members. It was only a matter of time before it was my name on their lips. I took a breath.

"You ok darlin?" AJ asked, gently rubbing his hands up and down my arms. "You can do this. You are a badass. You are strong and powerful. And as if I actually have to say this, it's obvious, but I will say it anyway, you are the most beautiful woman here."

I laughed softly at his comments. He always knew what to say to make me feel so much better. "Thank you, babe."

He pressed a gentle kiss to the top of my head and smiled at me. "Always, darlin."

One of the many assistants motioned for us to go ahead and start down the carpet. AJ wrapped his arm around my waist, always so respectful of where his hand sat. I leaned into him as the photos began. I had taught him how to stand for the photos, which direction to look and when. It took a while to make our way through the photo line and over to the interviews.

"I can go wait while you do the interviews, darlin." He whispered to me, as we waited for my turn. He went to step away but I grabbed his hand and smiled up at him.

"It's ok. I want you with me." I pulled his arm back around me and sank back into his side.

We got to the first interviewer and he smiled softly at the two of us.

"Isaac Walker, ET." The man introduced himself, holding out his microphone. "You both look rather dashing tonight with the complimenting suits. Who is the designer?"

"My sisters actually. We are both wearing custom suits from The Row."

"I have to say, she looks far better in her suit than I do in mine, let's be honest here." AJ spoke up, motioning to me.

I blushed deeply, putting my hand on his chest. "Babe..."

Isaac looked between us for a moment before speaking. "Babe?" He seemed to have discovered that he stumbled on the biggest secret we could have given away. "Speaking of, Elizabeth, who is this handsome man on your arm tonight?"

"This handsome man here is my boyfriend, Dr. Alexander Reacher. Light of my life." I looked up at AJ and smiled. I saw a flicker of something cross his face before a bright smile graced his lips.

"Nice to meet you, it really is an honor to be here tonight." AJ said, but I could tell by his voice that he was processing something.

Before Isaac could ask more, we were moved on. It seems that everyone had heard what I had called AJ, because I swear I could hear the whispers as we passed to our next interview.

"Melissa Smith, Clevver News.'' The next interviewer introduced herself, a slight blush on her cheeks as she looked at AJ.

I could feel the flame of jealousy rise in my chest. AJ pressed a kiss to the top of my head, instantly calming me down.

"Elizabeth, how long have you and..."

"Dr. Alexander Reacher, ma'am." AJ introduced himself.

"How long have you and Alexander known each other? Are you dating?" She asked, her eyes not leaving AJ's body.

"Quite a while. We met in June of 2019 and started dating just after Christmas that same year. Isn't that right babe?" I pressed a kiss to AJ's cheek, placing my hand on his chest. I could see the blush on his cheeks.

"Absolutely correct, darling. I wouldn't have it any other way." AJ agreed nearly instantly.

"Alexander, what kind of doctor are you?" She asked, once again nearly ignoring me.