Chapter 13: The Emmys And Soccer Games

Chapter 13: The Emmy Nominations - July 2023

July 12th, 2023

POV: AJ

The announcement for the nominations for the Emmys was happening this afternoon and I had this feeling that I needed to watch it. Something deep in my chest pulled me to watch it. I couldn't explain why, I just had to watch.

Chase was out back in the garden, talking to her plant babies with her Instagram followers. Ever since the premiere she had been more active on social media, doing her 'Garden With Me' sessions nearly every week. I would sometimes come along and hold the phone while she was filming. Her fans called us 'couple goals' which was cute.

As the entertainment news announcer came back with the list of nominees, I was utterly shocked.

"It seems there is a front runner with the number of nominations. Love and Death leads with 13 nominations, including all of the major categories. A nod to Directing, writing, lead actor and actress, supporting actor and actress and even Outstanding series." The announcer spoke as they put a list on the screen of the nominations for my girlfriend's newest show. Right there, in black and white, was her nomination of Outstanding Lead Actress.

"DARLIN!!!!!" I yelled, pausing the show. I heard her rushing to come inside, phone still perched in her hand.

"AJ? Babe? What's wrong? What happened?" She rushed out, coming over to me, covered in dirt. Her eyes searched my body for any injury or upset that I could possibly be hiding. When she found none, she eyed me.

"Darlin... Look!" I pointed to the TV and waited for her reaction. She was confused for a moment before she spotted what I was pointing to. "Congrats darlin! You got nominated for an Emmy! God I'm so proud of you!"

"What?" She looked at me before looking at the phone. "You yelled for that?! My god babe I thought you got hurt!"

"Darlin... You are nominated for Multiple Emmys. MULTIPLE. I am so proud of you and the team." I pulled her in close and kissed her lips. The kiss was brief but I pressed my forehead to hers. "Every single day I wake up and realize that I am the luckiest man on this planet, for having fallen in love with you, and you in love with me."

Her phone vibrated in her hand and I looked over to see the chat going wild. All with couple goals and how cute we are. There were a few that advised me that if I ever messed up that the police would never find my body. That was rather chilling. Shaking it off, I smiled at the chat and quickly said goodbye, telling them we would be celebrating tonight. I quickly closed out the stream, making sure it was ended, before I gently set her phone down on the table and wrapped my arms back around her.

"Babe."

"Darlin, you are an amazing actress and you don't give yourself enough credit for it. That's why I am so excited about this. You are getting the recognition that you deserve. Let's celebrate you tonight."

"Don't ever scare me like that again." She warned, before pulling away, gently pulling her shirt off and tossing it at me. "Now, I am going to shower... are you going to join me?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

September 17th, 2023

SeatGeek Stadium - Bridgeview, Illinois.

POV: Lizzie

I flew with the team to their Red Stars game, wearing nothing but Angel City training gear and hoodies. I looked much like the players, which was my greatest camouflage. While I had already admitted to AJ being my other half, I didn't want to be swarmed at the game. I sat down on the bench, in a set of training sweats, a cap and sunglasses, my Marvel undercover training making both AJ and I laugh. He made his way over to the coach's chairs, his tablet in his hands.