Chapter 16: Red Carpets and Soccer Balls

July 26th, 2024

POV: Lizzie

Standing at the end of the red carpet, I could hear the press buzzing. It seems like everyone was excited that I had come out of my privacy bubble. To the public, I had disappeared in late November of last year, given that I hadn't done a Livestream since then. Everyone knew that I had always preferred my privacy. With baby Everett just turning six weeks old, this would be the first time I had been out in public since we came back from Fiji in December. It would also be the first night I would be away from Everett for longer than a few minutes since he was born. AJ was at home with Everett; he had promised to send text messages with photos all night. The separation anxiety was in full force.

"Ms. Olsen?" one of the assistants got my attention.

"Yes?" I looked up and the assistant motioned for me to go ahead down the red carpet. I took my first few steps, and plastered that press smile on my face. God I miss my son... Why did I agree to do this?

"Elizabeth!" My name was shouted over and over again. I was merely here to support my fellow Marvel castmates, as I was not even in this movie. I made my way through the line of photographers. I had to bite back my irritation at the people screaming my name like I was the star of this movie. If it wasn't for Florence and Sebastian, as well as the rest of the cast, I would be at home with my son. Finally I was finished and escorted to a small waiting area for interviews. There, standing close together, were Scarlett and Florence. I pulled them both into a hug, sighing softly as Scar tightened her hug.

"How are you feeling?" Scar asked, pulling away gently.

"It's been a rough like... two hours?" I answered honestly.

"And How is my god-son?" She asked softly, as Florence looked between us confused.

"Godson?" Flo interrupted softly.

I hesitated for a moment, looking at Flo, before pulling out my phone. Right at that moment, there was a new text and photo from AJ. "He's fine, still awake for some reason, but fine. AJ just sent another photo." I offered Scarlett my phone, shifting on my feet.

"He looks like a perfect mix of you and Alex, you know." Scarlett commented, handing my phone back to me.

"That's what happens when my husband and I have a child..." I muttered, thinking I was speaking soft enough.

"WHAT?" Flo yelled, getting a bit of attention on us.

I waited for the attention to dissipate, before I answered.

"AJ - Alex, my boyfriend and I got married in March. Everett, our son, was born on June 10th." I informed her quietly.

"On the side of the road..." Scar commented which got Flo's attention.

"The doctor told me I had been in labor for hours prior to actually going to the hospital. AJ did amazing delivering Rett. Especially when the only help we had was one of the other Angel City coaches who used to be an EMT." I rolled my eyes at Scarlett before I held up my phone, the most recent photo still on the screen. "Meet my husband, Alex and our son Everett."

Flo looked utterly shocked, looking at the photo. "Scar is right... he has your eyes." Was the only thing she could say. "So you are married and have a kid... and somehow, no one knows?"

"It's not public knowledge, correct. But Scarlett, Colin and Robert know. As well as our families and a few of AJ's soccer players who are dear friends. Kevin knows about me having been pregnant. That's why I did very few reshoots for everything." I clarified. "I hate to ask but can you not say anything about this? I want to keep both parts of that as quiet as possible. Especially Everett. I saw what my sisters went through as kids, what I went through being the sibling of a famous person...."