Chapter 15: Wedding Rings and Tiny Onsies

March 24, 2024

POV: AJ

I stood under the small pavilion that had been set up in the backyard of Scarlett's LA home. She had offered her house as the venue when Chase and I mentioned wanting to be married before the baby came.

Before I could dwell on it, the music began and she appeared, on her father's arm. I had met the man only twice before, but here he was, walking his second youngest daughter down the aisle. Her dress was custom designed by her sisters, something they had been working on since we met that first time at Fashion Week. It was a flowy white dress with light blue accents, to match my black suit with white silk shirt and light blue silk tie.

The whole wedding was a very small affair, no wedding party, just Chase and I standing alone with Robert Downey Jr as our officiant. He, as had all the guests, been sworn to secrecy; Chase wanted to hold onto this moment, our little bubble, for as long as possible. I was completely fine with that. Eventually I knew I would be called "Mr. Olsen." Honestly, I am ok with that.

Among the guests were a few of my Angel City players: Tobin, Christen, Ali Riley, and Sydney Leroux. They were the ones I had come closest to in my time with the coaching staff. I also spotted someone I had only met once or twice; Maddison Collins, Chase's other best friend from high school. I knew the two were close, despite not being in contact at the moment. Getting her here was my first of many presents to Chase for the day.

My eyes went back to my bride, my soulmate. There she was, standing less than a foot away from me. I took her hand from her father's, who whispered a quick 'take care of her'. I nodded in return.

"You may be seated!" Robert spoke up, causing Tobin and Christen to look directly at Sydney. I knew there was a story there, likely from the wedding of Krashlyn, as they dubbed it, where Syd had been the officiant. I smirked, before landing my eyes back on Chase.

"You are so beautiful..." I whispered to her, wanting nothing more than to hold her tightly and never let go.

"You look dashing, AJ." She responded softly.

We heard someone clear their throat and we both looked at Robert. He smiled softly at us and continued the ceremony. I didn't pay much attention to what was being said, getting so lost in Chase that I only managed to focus as the vows were announced. We had written our own and Chase opted to go first.

"Lizzie, your vows." Robert prompted. Chase passed her flowers to Scarlett who was sitting in the front row.

Chase looked at me, taking both my hands in hers.

"Alexander Jaiden, today I say, "I do" but to me that means, "I will." I will take your hand and stand by your side in the good and the bad. I dedicate myself to your happiness, success, and smile. I will love you forever. I will always root for you, cheer you on, and be your biggest fan. You are my every dream come true, and I can't wait for the reality we get to build together."

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I couldn't control the smile that plastered itself on my lips.

"Alex, your vows."

I squeezed Chase's hands and took a breath. "I don't know how I am going to top that but here goes. Elizabeth Chase, for so long I was alone in life; but then I spotted this amazing woman across the beach at a bar, getting harassed by some dude who couldn't take no for an answer. You became my best friend. Your love gives me hope. Your smile gives me joy. You make me a better man. My life is forever entangled with yours from this day on. Today I join my life to yours, not simply as your husband, but as your friend, your lover, and your biggest supporter. Let me be the shoulder you lean on and the companion of your life. My dreams are your dreams, and I'll build it all around you."