Chapter 4 "Snow date" [Dark choco's POV]

The next day, Caramel Arrow cookie and I woke up early. We soon found ourselves in the snowing, cold landscape that made waterdrops freeze and tree leaves fall and be lost in the crunchy, white snow. We sat down and stared a conversation, "So, what's it like living in that hut out in the snow? It could be dangerous you know, snow leopards could find and attack you if you aren't careful." Caramel Arrow asked as I passed her a hot cup of boba tea, I knew it was her favourite so I stole abit of that incase we encountered eachother again. "It's okay, I could do with a little company though, which I'm glad that your here; It's been a long time since I've seen you. . ." I replied smiling, Caramel Arrow took a sip of the boba tea, to which her eyes lit up. "Is this boba tea?" She asked looking at me, I smirked and said "Yeah it is, I kind of wished you and I would meet again, so I stole a little bit of it. ." I felt my cheeks light up when Caramel Arrow replied: "Thank you, bestie." Into my ear. Memories started flooding back to me to when me and her were young, around 17 to 19 years of age; We would always play pranks on the servants and even train with each other, until when I was 16 and Caramel Arrow was 15 as she trained to protect to the castle walls from danger with a bow and arrow, whilst I wanted to venture beyond the castle walls and soon fell victim to the sword; It made me commit horrid crimes, hurt cookies around me including my father and join the darkness as my punishment, but then I found out that I could still live in the light even after what I've done; So I ran away and never looked back on those who I had as 'Co-workers':

Pomegranate cookie, a Manipulative, spiteful little bitch who loved me to suffer at her wrath and beg at her feet to stop with the illusions she concocted from my worst of fears.

Licorice cookie, a dark wizard with a troubled background, but he was one of the friends I had so I couldn't hold a grudge against him.

Red Velvet cookie, the chief of the werehounds and care-taker of the cakehounds, me and him would always hang out and come to each other about our troubles, it was like we were brothers to the end.

Affogato cookie, that manipulative little asshole who twisted and bended my father's mind! I wish I could grab him, choke him for a little while and then snap his fucking neck! If he commits harm to my family, he'll regret it. . .

Poison mushroom cookie, a young child with autism who was obsessed with their 'Shroomies' and always bugged Licorice cookie to play with them, I wish they would give Him a break and bug me for a little while; After all, He needs a little break, right? And then. . .

There's my foster daughter, Caramel Toffee cookie. . . But she prefers me to call her 'Funny cookie' because apparently that's how her friends described her, this was because she was autistic and had abit of a problem with controlling her hyperactivity, thus making her cause "hilarious" situations for Gingerbrave and his friends, hence her nickname; I wish I took her with me, I miss her and she misses me. I sometimes cry myself to sleep, hoping she's doing okay without me around to help her grow.

And finally, the woman who nearly made my life hell, even worse than Pomegranate cookie, Dark Enchantress Cookie; she was the master of us and the darkness, she'd give us orders and always planned out her methods to take down Gingerbrave and his friends and takeover all of earthbread.

I was lost in thought thinking of the past events and times I spent with Licorice and Red Velvet, as I heard every sound disappear into muffles, a touch on my arm stopped me; Caramel Arrow cookie gazed into my eyes as I did the same, I never wanted to stop and neither did she. "Are you okay, Dark choco cookie?" She asked with gentle eyes staring back at me, I felt my heart soften than the softest of butter, the fluffiest of sponge cake, and the sweetest of sugar. "Yes thank you, just thinking back on some cookies I knew before I left. . ." I soon responded as I wrapped an arm around her waist to her hip, keeping her from the cold and frostbite that awaited her arrival; Caramel Arrow cookie quickly gave into my embrace as she placed a hand on my chest, I heard her start to melt into slumber by her quiet snore and the pace of her breathing. I held her even more close to my chest as if she were a sleeping infant, staying within the snowing landscape around us; White flakes of snow making it's way into Caramel Arrow cookie's eyes and mine, I squinted my eyes slightly tight to keep it out and shielding Caramel Arrow's eyes from the white particles of cold. Soon Caramel Arrow cookie woke up after afew minutes and we soon started to make our way home, "Did you enjoy it?" She asked from behind as I continued to hold heavy, wooden logs over my shoulders; I nodded in response, not facing her to keep my focus on the way home. Seconds flew by before I felt a rush of ice-cold chills run to my spine, I dropped the logs and turnt around to see Caramel Arrow with her hands, red and wet, I instantly knew she had threw a snowball at me for attention; "Oh, so That's how you want to play, huh?" I chuckled as I too began to roll a snowball, my hands soon were cold and wet from the crunchy snow, the knee-cap on which I knelt on was also cold as my hands; Finally stood up and released the snowball on Caramel Arrow cookie and right into her face, she laughed and threw another; I did the same. The day continued like that, we had the bestest of the snowball fights, we both felt like children we were all those years ago; deep inside from our hearts, we were like young children.