Chapter 15 "The unexpected surprise"

Another arrow hit the target, Caramel Arrow walked over to it and tugged it away for the 30th time - Dark choco couldn't understand how she wasn't getting sick and tired of doing this, which was going on for half an hour now; from 09:55AM to 10:25AM. "How the hell are you not tired of that?" Dark choco lifted up a pile of roll cake logs and dropped them all on a pile of over logs, Caramel Arrow scoffed and pulled the 31st arrow from the target made from straw and unused logs tied together with twine as a gift from Dark choco incase she came back. "Because I'm actually focused on my hobby other than you with YOUR hobby, which is or maybe WAS snowball fighting." Caramel Arrow laughed and pulled the bow's string and arrow back to her ear, waited for 10 seconds and then let go and repeat the process; Dark choco silently told himself that her aiming arm and holding arm would eventually get tired and stop for either the entire day or for a short time-span before going back to it, he sat down on the snowy ground with his legs crossed, he took a sip from the morning hot chocolate that was made this morning and sighed; his breath crystallised into mist.

" Caramel Arrow laughed and pulled the bow's string and arrow back to her ear, waited for 10 seconds and then let go and repeat the process; Dark choco silently told himself that her aiming arm and holding arm would eventually get tired and stop f...

He stared off into the distance and observed his steamed breath disappear into thin, cold air. Memories of cold days being spent playing with friends and drinking hot beverages slowly flooded back to him; and suddenly he was back in the dark Cacao kingdom, the atmotsphere was different than from what he remembered: laughing children ran past him like he was nothing, couple of every gender and height held hands, chatted and kissed each other's ice cold cheek in delight. "It's as wonderful as I remember. ." He asked himself, feeling his eyes begin to drown in lukewarm tears but he forced himself not to blink, he dared not to close his eyes for a moment, he didn't want to lose the wonderful view of his home kingdom again; he couldn't bear it. "How I wish things never changed. ." He thought to himself feeling ashamed, he took another sip and was about to re-enter his childhood bedroom to find a younger him playing with toys, having playdates or sleeping soundly in his warm bed when all of a sudden; "Dark Choco! There's another cookie out here, she's hurt very badly!" Caramel Arrow's voice raised in his ears, it ripped him back to reality and he walked over to Caramel Arrow cookie and bent over to observe the injured cookie - he gasped in shock as his eyes laid upon a young female cookie, her face was bruised and scared from being whipped in the face by small, sharp twigs. "Holy shit, is that a child. . . ?" Dread filled his voice the more he looked; crouching down, he slid his hand under the cookie's body and lifted her up to his chest - Dark choco observed as jam dripped from her nose to inside her mouth, he gently pushed her lower jaw into her upper one, jam now dripped her chin until Caramel Arrow cookie wiped it with a piece of Dark choco's ice-cold cloak and passed it to him. "We need to her get inside, bandaged up and cleaned from whatever caused those injuries. ." Caramel Arrow instructed as Dark choco cookie held the piece of fabric to the child's nose, a bite-sized red stain began to form slowly but steady; that was good, her nose wasn't severely damaged enough for it to bleed excessively through the cloth as much as an unbandaged stab wound. They both rushed to the cabin with no hesitation to save the child from certain death; they laid her down on a spare bed Dark choco had made, observed her wounds, cleaned and bandaged them with careful delicately. Dark choco cookie placed a hot mug on top a handmade wooden stump beside the sleeping girl, covered in cloud-white and yellowish bandages, crimson no longer fell from her nose like rain drops from the clouds. "Ya think she'll be alright?" Caramel Arrow cookie, sipping hot chocolate before continuing: "Her injuries look very fatal. ." Dark choco cookie said nothing but stared off into space, both friends concerned for the child's health and life not to be lost.