Chapter 8 "A single nightmare can be tamed with a confession" Dark choco's POV]

[HEAVY GORE WARNING: If you feel uncomfortable with it, skip it or proceed with caution.]

After Caramel Arrow fell limp-asleep in my arms, I scooped her up gently, put her down on my dirty mattress and put a tattered blanket over her that covered parts of her possibly shivering body. Sighing heavily, I walked over to a window and looked out at the white snow, it reminded me of all the times me and my foster daughter would play in the snow for every winter, she would laugh if I threw a snowball at her and she would make me chuckle if she did the same; the memories of her smile, her voice and her appearance made water come with no rain from the sky, but from my eyes. "Foster Daughter, if your listening. . . I miss you, I wish I took you with me and. . . I love you. ." I said to the sky, hoping she was hearing, probably singing in her room while sobbing as well as me; she probably was depressed without me, I was deeply depressed by especially not taking her with me; but if I did, Dark Enchantress Cookie would probably send Pomegranate cookie to manipulate me and show me my trauma, so much trauma she'd get the chance to snatch her away from my arms! I wiped my tears and looked back at Caramel Arrow cookie, she was peaceful but would I ever be the same? Tired and anxious for my foster daughter, I laid on the cold floor, closed my eyes and tried to dream, but only ended up in a nightmare. There was Caramel Toffee cookie but she appeared upset, like she had hurt herself severely, crimson jam dripped from her fingertips like rain, her hands were smeared in the liquid, and all this time I was standing and watching. "Why?" She asked me, her accent was the nationality of Affogato cookie's, but without the mysterious like attitude; She looked at me with teary eyes, I wanted to walk over to her and comfort her, but for some reason, something held me back; It was like some tugging pain in my back, as if someone was shaking a robust axe into it. "W-What?" I thought, it was like Caramel Toffee read my mind as her wet but beautiful brown eyes widened, like I had just slapped her in the face hard. "Why? Why did you abandon me? Do you really hate me that much?" Caramel Toffee cookie asked, she looking like she wanted to both hug me and strangle me; but it was afew weeks ago, I didn't leave her, I couldn't take her with me. I stumbled back, backing away from her as if I was the prey and she was the predator, my heavy breathing became clear to her of a sign that I was frightened. "Caramel Toffee, listen. . . I didn't want to leav-" "SHUT UP!" She screamed, Caramel Toffee Cookie then proceeded to take out my sword (even though it was too heavy for her little hands) and plunged it into my stomach. My strawberry jam painted the snow, my torso and her hands. She started to laugh like a maniac, I shuddered in fear and pain from the sword I once held; Her eyes met mine, warm-salty tears ran from my eyes to my chin as I looked at my stomach. "I hope your happy without me around, maybe she's enough for you." Caramel Toffee snarled at me as she slid her index finger on the giant blade, I tried to shout to her to not do that, but all that came out was a jam-filled gurgle. "C-Caramel To-Toffe-" I stammered as more red jam came from my mouth, she turned to me and my jam went ice-cold. Her smile was wide, her eyes had a red shining glow and put the sword down but still held it in her tiny-fingered palms.

"Hush now foster dad, you'll soon be with foster-grandmother!" She giggled at me, her smile scared me to the point that I found more tears, and before I knew it, she ran at me with the sword still in her hand; I panicked and tried to defend myself

"Hush now foster dad, you'll soon be with foster-grandmother!" She giggled at me, her smile scared me to the point that I found more tears, and before I knew it, she ran at me with the sword still in her hand; I panicked and tried to defend myself. But the sword pierced my stomach once again, Caramel Toffee cookie laughed as she twisted it inside me, my organs nearly being exposed; I begged her to stop but no command came to her head. As soon as the pain started to intensify, I woke up in a cold sweat, it was just a nightmare; I sighed and glanced at Caramel Arrow cookie. She was still asleep, even if I nearly cried out in fright; "I wish I took her with me. . ." I said to myself, the imagery of my own strawberry jam staining the snow still danced in my mind. Soon after, I got on the same bed that Caramel Arrow still slept in, letting my arms wrap around her waist and began to relax them. "Mmmm Dark choco. . . ." I heard her mumble under her breath, she put a hand on mine and I sensed a little smirk on her face. "I've always wanted to tell you something, before it took over your mind. . ." She whispered as loud for me to hear, I moved my head close to her's for me to listen to her; Her hair was still in a ponytail so I gently pulled at the place that held it up and her hair cascaded down to her hips. "What is it?" I asked, she faced me and I faced her; she placed a hand on my cheek and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear to see my face clearly, I placed a hand on her right shoulder and gazed into her beautiful dark eyes. "I. . . Love you, I loved you ever since that time you saved me from that group of bullies, you know, when they were trying to steal my favourite scarf?" Caramel Arrow cookie confessed to me, my face had this expression of both surprise and acceptance, it was like half of me wanted to kiss her and the other to reject her on the spot. It was silent for a few seconds that felt like hours, Caramel Arrow cookie and I continued to stare into each other as she turnt her body to me, her eyes were like daggers stabbing into my heart. I broke the silence: "I-I don't know what to say, Caramel Arrow cookie." "It's okay, I'll give you time. . . Now go back to sleep, okay?" She murmured and laid back down, I nodded and did the same; her eyes closed nearly instantly and I soon looked up at the ceiling, lost in space. I took a deep breath and let my eyes close, I hope I don't have another nightmare like that.