Chapter 9 "Lies and Deception"

"Your majesty!" Affogato cried out as he burst through the castle doors, Dark Cacao remained sat on his throne, contemplating his life choices when Affogato burst through the Palace gates. "Affogato cookie, are you alright?" Dark Cacao asked standing from his frozen-cold throne, his stern face was now something of surprise and shock to see his trusted servant seem frightened and half-scared to death, he walked over to Affogato and placed his hands on the man's shoulders firmly. "Did you find him, is he dead? Is he hurt? Tell me!" Dark Cacao shouted, the echoes of his voice danced until they disappeared into nothing like shadows casted away by light. "Oh, your son is a monster your highness; Caramel Arrow cookie is with him -  he could be manipulating her at this very hour, twisting her trust on us. Just so she could trust him for more evil deeds he has planned!" Affogato exclaimed in fear while he pretended to cry to look more innocent to the king, Dark Cacao stared at Affogato cookie, also in fear and shock - he walked over to a window covered nearly entirely in frost and stared into space, his eyes running warm tears down his cold cheeks as he reminisced on memories from when Dark choco was young and the light to Dark Cacao's saddening darkness after his wife, the queen died giving birth to Dark choco. "What have I done?" He questioned himself shortly before grabbing a lamp nearby and throwing it at a wall where it broke into a thousand pieces, he then sat down on his throne and ordered the guards to do something drastic. "Go out, find Caramel Arrow cookie and my son, and take them back here, I will have a stern word with them than I was when I beheaded that witch!" He ordered thrashing his hands around like a hyperactive toddler, the guards nodded and ran to the stabled in unison to explore for the two runaways (or what it seemed to be for Caramel Arrow). Affogato shivered at the last words Dark Cacao shouted, then smiled and spoke: "My my, your majesty, your dough shivers from the cold winter - let me make you some hot tea. . ." He then proceeded to the royal kitchen to do so. "Stupid king, once I get him at his vulnerable moment, I'll have him beaten and defeated and then I will be the one everybody loves!" Affogato cookie giggled sinesterly and poured hot water into a mug and added the ingredients for hot tea; "But for now I'll just have to play nice. . . Eugh. . . ." He nearly vomited at the word 'play nice' before handing the king his mug of hot tea.