Chapter 14 "Push through the pain"

It was dark out but light inside the castle, Affogato cookie was upstairs in his new room which really was the King's room; Dark Cacao cookie continued to stare off into space on his cold throne, his purple gaze went still as death, his armor that once would shine in both sunlight and moonlight would soon rust like tin, his ebony black hair would soon reach his ankles if he didn't trim the dead ends off and the bags under his eyes suggested that he never slept since learning about Caramel Arrow's "betrayal". The girl was still in the dungeon, humming to herself and twirling her hair like a damsel in distress waiting for her Prince to save her (or in her case, a princess), it wouldn't have been this way if she thought otherwise and hid under the bed and kept quiet until everyone was in the slumbering stage. As she twirled her hair with an index finger, she noticed a tiny window the size of a cakehound hidden and embedded by the stone walls; she got a closer look, 'Maybe if I'm careful and quiet enough, that could be MY escape!' She thinks to herself. But before she could find anything to use to break a small crack in it, someone swung the door open: the king. "Right then foolish girl," He said as if to frighten her and sat at a chair while she sat on the floor. "What were you doing with my deceased beloved wife's jewellery and what were you planning?" He asked, his cold stare stabbed daggers into her eyes, soul and thoughts - but she pushed them aside and protested. "Nonsense, I wasn't! Affogato is lying to you-" The king slammed his fists onto the chair's arms until they nearly broke off and shouted: "MY SERVANT NEVER LIES, DO YOU TAKE ME FOR A FOOL?" And she backed up against the wall and covered her ears; she wanted to scream back, she wanted to cry and beg for her life, but she had to fight back a little. "DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME, YOU FAT BUBBLEGUM PIG!" She screamed as if throwing a fit, he clenched his teeth and she did the same. The last few seconds was a staring contest between man and girl, it continued until her eyes began to burn and she blinked - he had won the staring contest, but he continued to stare back like she was being tried for a crime. "Wakey wakey, you can stop staring now your majesty." She scoffed in frustration, she wasn't and never was expecting him to come here to interrogate her for "Stealing" when she was trying to play abit of a real life spy. "Child, if you do not tell me why you were stealing my late wife's jewellery, I'll have to do more researching and interrogation! So you may as well give up and oblige." Dark Cacao gritted his teeth in frustration, he was close to choking her or at least have her exiled; he'd rather do that than execute a living breathing child with so many event ahead of her: Meeting new friends, finding love and living out her best life. "FUCK YOU!" Caramel Toffee cookie screamed - she ended up extending one of her legs to his shin, the king crumbled to the floor in pain and held onto his knee while the girl ran past him, not giving up, he gripped at her ankle so tightly that she fell and bashed her nose on the floor! "Y-Your not go-going anywhere. . !" His voice shook in pain and fatigue, his shin ached and burnt in pain as the "prisoner" kicked and scratched at him to get him off; he refused to let her go even through all the pain she was putting him in. Finally after squirming for what seemed to be an eternity, Caramel Toffee reached for a piece of a sugar cube and bashed it against the King's skull so hard he could be at the brink of death for all she knew; given herself the chance, Caramel Toffee made a dash for the small window, threw the sugar cube she used to (hopefully not) kill the king at it, jumped up at it (slicing bits of dough on her fingers in the process) and struggled through broken glass. "Oww. . . OW!" She winced at the pain and held onto her hip in excruciating pain - and without thinking, she pulled pieces of broken glass from her dough, causing even more pain; however whilst struggling to get up, she thought on how relieved her foster father would be to se that she went looking for him and used that thought to cheer herself on through every step with pain as the snow was left with little drops of crimson coming from where she pulled broken glass from. "Foster Father's going to be happy, he'll be relieved. ." She repeated for as along as she could go; when she spotted a fruit-and-nut choco lynx dashing to her direction, the fright caused her to fall back and lose her footing, her body tumbled from the mountain and lead to the forest, she screamed for help while branches whipped at her arms and legs - rocks attempted to break her limbs but one rock managed to crack her nose nearly wide open and disperse a heavy amount of red liquid from her nostrils. "HEEEELLLPPPPP MEEEEEEE-" A tree log interrupted her shriek and she blacked out.