Chapter 12 "My special girl. . ."

"This can't go on, we can't be cowering in fear because of Affogato cookie." Caramel Arrow cookie spoke while aiming an arrow as if in practice for a competition, Dark choco watched from his seat on a sugar-cube bridge dressed in cold. "We have to do something, something to stop him! We have to convince your father about Affogato is planning, or it will lead to hell." She ripped an arrow off on a roll cake tree where she was practising on, for Dark choco, it was like she was ripping an arm off with one tug of it - the thought of jam everywhere made him shiver in both fear and the freezing weather. Caramel Arrow continued with practice throughout the entire day, but only paused when called in to eat and warm up by the fire; it was like she was experiencing what a loving family would look like: warmth, love, care, honesty and laughter. Dark choco imitated a king-like laughter when Caramel Arrow had made a joke about her always making fun of him about being a 'Crybaby' when they were young and stupid, something about Caramel Arrow's humour reminded him of someone but couldn't out his finger on it; as he went to get more firewood when the fire was dying and miniature, Dark choco bent over to grab his robust axe when his arm brushed against a handcrafted table of broken wood and knocked over a picture, smashing the already-broken glass to bite-size pieces on the hard, dusty, floor. "No!" He screamed through his teeth while he ignored the remaining glass piercing his fingertips and absorbing jam from the cuts, the only thing that seem to concern him was the picture; Caramel Arrow cookie rushed in and saw the mess, but then looked at Dark choco - his eyes glittered and his mouth in the shape of an upside-down curve of lefts at the ends and rights at the middle. Before asking what was wrong, Dark choco, like a cookie in so much pain, bursted out crying, cupped his face into his giant hands and pressed his back against the wall; Caramel Arrow knelt to him, looking with empathy and concern for the cookie she loved and cared much about. "H-Hey what's wrong?" She whispered to not startle him too much, but got no answer from him for good few minutes; her eyes began to slowly dart around her radius, maybe if she found something useful, she could get Dark Choco to cheer up? That was when he croaked: "I wish she could come with me, I never intended to leave her there. ." That made Caramel Arrow cookie confused and abit frightened by his muttered speech, it felt like her dough was full of tiny hard-candy insects crawling all around her, living in her body and intensifying her fear with a boost of empathy. She slowly moved her mouth as Dark choco wiped his tears and continued to stare into the picture he held onto with grief. Caramel Arrow held onto his shoulder tight and questioned Dark choco: "Who are you talking about? Who is this 'She'?" Finally after it seemed like he intentionally was ignoring her, he turnt his head to her with emptiness in his only-open, jam-red eye; to others, his eyes indicated he had committed a crime that he will forever regret but to friends - he could be caring but intimidating, dangerous but compassionate about the cookies around him. "Who? The girl is this photo?" Dark choco pointed his finger at a girl wrapping her arms around his neck with a giant smile on her face, beautiful caramelled-brown hair with curls at the ends, her dough was tan and looked to be around 8 or 10; and dressed in every shade of green that made the cookie in the photo look like a creature of the roll cake forest's tree leaves. "She's. . . My foster daughter, Caramel Toffee cookie. ." Dark choco sat up and held onto Caramel Arrow cookie tightly around her shoulder, she felt abit crushed but knew it was for comfort and brushed it off to listen. "I adopted her when I saw her in the roll cake woods one day; she was running around in circles and randomly hugging trees, when she saw me she was a little frightened but I then told her she could trust me - however, she was. . . Different to how the other children behaved;" Dark choco takes in a deep inhale into his lungs, holds it for 5 seconds before exhaling and continuing: "She was nearly sensitive to loudness and lights, rarely spoke to any child when she got to play - while the others were growing up, they'd always try to encourage her to copy them and learn from them abit." Something in memory of his makes him chuckle softly, he loosens his grip on Caramel Arrow cookie and she let's her muscles relax, nearly feeling like she'd crack in half if he held her too tightly. "One time Licorice cookie was trying to showing the difference between other cookies and himself, he even had his Licorice servants help out by using cardboard cutouts of poorly-drawn cookies for Licorice to push away, Caramel Toffee didn't pay attention to him but to Bat-Cat who was minding his business when she stroked him; she loved the feel of the icing from the animals." Dark choco sniffed and stopped for a minute, Caramel Arrow cookie placed a gentle to his back for his comfort - Her touch was as light as feathers on his back like wings, Dark choco would just melt every time she touched him to comfort him from stress, sadness and anger. "Dark choco, I think your foster daughter is-" Caramel Arrow cookie was rudely stopped when Dark choco spoke sharply "Was. She WAS what?" Caramel Arrow felt her mouth go dry as Dark choco let 'Was' out of his jaw, did his foster daughter die? Did he kill her by accident or did they have a massive argument and she ran away? "What you mean 'Was' your foster daughter. . . ?" Caramel Arrow asked whilst putting on a tough face incase Dark choco lashed out at her like a wild beast chasing down it's prey. Dark choco cookie walked toward her, pinned her against the wall and put his hands on the wall for balance and for Caramel Arrow to listen to him incase she tried anything - "You might think otherwise, but I did not do anything to her that would make her hate me or want me dead. It was a few years ago, she was 10 and I just turnt 30. after Affogato cookie had joined us, the others were spoiling him like how a cakehound's owner treats it like royalty; I had my suspicions on him and distant Caramel Toffee cookie and myself from him at all time. In the meanwhile I was escaping the darkness within me and when I was ready, I left the darkness - the others may despise me and wish me dead, but I do not care what they think." Dark choco finished and put his hands to his side. soon after, Caramel Arrow cookie and Dark Choco cookie went to bed and one of them slept soundly but one didn't.