Chapter 13 "Hard decision" / "My goal" (D.C & C.T POV)

"Do you like my craft, foster dad?" The girl asked holding up the piece of paper that contained sugar gems, glitter and icing leaves glued onto the white page, making an almost perfect impersonation of him. "It's beautiful, I like how you made the sugar gems the eyes." I said in the most delight I could find, my one seeing eye held a dark circle under it's lower eyelid - it made me look as if I was pretending to like her craft. She, however, clapped in her hands with glee and wrapped her arms around my waist as a 'thank you' gesture, she then got a sharp pin, took the craft and pinned it to her left side of one bedroom wall. Caramel Toffee cookie loved to create crafts for me, Licorice and even Strawberry Crepe cookie, whenever I was busy, she would hang out with Strawberry Crepe cookie and hand them tools that they needed for the wafflebots, and in free time even play until the sundown. "Okay, get ready for bed now. ." I said to her as she sat on her bed, kicking her feet like she was a young princess - she pouted and begged in a childish voice: "Awwww, but I don't wanna!" I chuckled and she continued to pout and use her eyes to beg me to let her stay up until midnight; I held onto her small shoulders gently, making sure not to make her seem scared and did all I could to assure her. "Come on, the sooner you sleep, the earlier we can go for a walk through that path in the roll cake woods you like." Her eyes glittered at me and obliged, she loved that one path in the roll cake woods and she never wanted to change that ever - I closed her door, came into my room and sighed as I shut my door. Tomorrow, I'll have to try to convince Caramel Toffee cookie to stay quiet while her and I sneak out and never look back to the darkness, but atleast I have to get her away from Pomegranate cookie and her wrath; Caramel Toffee cookie and Pomegranate cookie never got along at all, at one point, Pomegranate cookie snapped at Caramel Toffee cookie when she was having an autistic meltdown by screaming at her to 'Stay calm!' and 'Why must you cry over the slightest noise?' Which led to me threatening her that I'd break her neck into two if she ever treated my foster daughter like that ever again. After gathering everything I needed, I slammed myself onto a hard mattress that the others called "My bed" and stared into space of the ceiling, it felt like minutes before I finally fell into dreams. I struck myself awake at around 04:21AM or maybe 04:30AM, I knew that if I didn't act fast enough, I would never leave this prison the others called "Home". As quiet as a mouse, I tread quietly down the corridor until I reached Caramel Toffee cookie's room, I reached my left paw-like hand for the doorknob but was stopped when a burning sensation hit my palm - I bounced back and held onto my paw still pained from the doorknob's oven like temperature; it never worked hot it was always cold as the frost outside. "What the fuck!?" I yelled in my mind, mindful not wake anyone up and be caught - but when I looked to my right, there that witch was! "And what are you doing so late?" Her voice got under my dough, my body stopped working as Pomegranate cookie came from the shadows and stared into the deepest pits of my soul. "Dark choco cookie. . . Explain to me why you are up so late, you'll wake up the children." That Gummy snake hissed at me, I wanted to squeeze her neck so tightly until she turnt blue but recoiled at the thought and held it back; "Walking, walking through the darkness as it consumes my soul even more." I whispered quietly so no cookie would hear my voice as they are still in slumber. Pomegranate cookie continued to glare at me with hatred in her jam-red eyes, I glared back at the bitch that always bullied me and taunted me for years even since I joined the darkness - I hated her and she hated me, Licorice cookie knew it, Red velvet cookie knew it and even Caramel Toffee cookie knew it. "Lies, typical Dark choco lying like a little Pinocchio cookie." My heart jumped at her words, how did she know? Did she eavesdrop on my plan last night before I slept? I felt my face contort to rage, I gripped her by her shoulders and slammed her into the wall - she grunted in pain from her arms but I didn't care, I wanted to kill her slowly and painfully, I hated her! "Listen here you little lying bitch, I've had put up with your bullshit for far too long. you hurt me, you hurt Caramel Toffee cookie and she's even scared of you! I'm leaving with her and I'm going to find my way out the darkness and raise Caramel Toffee cookie to be a good cookie and make new friends!" I snapped at her hushly, my fingers wanted to grip tighter at her and eventually grip at her neck and twist it but something stopped me; like if I did, something would strangle me to death right on the spot, Pomegranate cookie struggled to break free but was only hurting herself more by my grip - I was not ready for her next move. "L-Listen y-y-you horrid bea-beast! If yo-you en-end my life or even lea-leave with the girl, I'll mak-make you pay!" She grunted at me, spitting in my face made me drop her like a toy; She clenched her shoulders with each of her hands and cleared her throat with one cough, I didn't understand how she could make me pay by only taking my foster daughter with me - her struggle to recover made me want to snicker in her face like a jester laughing at a funny joke like her, but the explanation she gave slapped me in the face harder than her own hand. "If you take Caramel Toffee cookie with you, I will find you two, haunt you with visions that make your dough crawl and slash her throat open with whatever I can get my hands on, even if you kill me afterwards. . ." Pomegranate cookie grinned maniacly at me, like she loved it when I was scared if Caramel Toffee cookie were to be in danger in any way possible - my mind raced as I read her words over and over again, until I was convinced she wasn't joking. "W-What? You'll kill a child!?" I wanted to grab Caramel Toffee and run away with her, I don't know why but I didn't that night; I still regret to this day. "I will, but you can spare her by not taking her with you. ." That bitch giggled lightly under her breath and for the first time, I saw her smile meekly at me. My back chilled from what she wanted, leave Caramel Toffee cookie here to be corrupted? or take her with me only to risk her getting killed painfully? What do I choose? (Caramel Toffee cookie's POV) I stretched my arms out as I let out a tired and loud yawn like I was a bear roaring, I got out of bed and came downstairs to find Dark choco cookie, he's taken care of me ever since I was young and I've always thought of him as my guardian grizzly bear and I was a rabbit, happy and playing all day. But it was difficult to find him - I searched everywhere: His room, The meeting room, Dark Enchantress Cookie's throne room and it wasn't until I asked Licorice cookie where he was when he told me Dark choco had gone out to the roll cake woods but was attacked and killed by a maniacal wafflebot. My eyes filled with tears, Licorice tried to reassure me and so did Poison mushroom cookie but I ripped their hands away from me and raced to my room, I sobbed and sobbed for days and didn't want to leave my room even if the sunshine glowed on me.

One day, I had enough of thinking he was dead and decided to go look for him to see if he really was dead! I stole a spare robe from Licorice cookie and dashed through the snow sugar and frost and didn't stop until I fell into a ditch which made m...

One day, I had enough of thinking he was dead and decided to go look for him to see if he really was dead! I stole a spare robe from Licorice cookie and dashed through the snow sugar and frost and didn't stop until I fell into a ditch which made me sprain my ankle and not walk on it for a few days but soon after I continued on my way to hopefully find Dark choco cookie, I didn't stop so far and I'm pretty sure I'm won't until I find him.