C H A P T E R 17

Author pov_

Insu and Naeun left the safety of their apartment in a quest to find something to satisfy their own hunger.

"Eun!!" Insu called her out while his legs were kicking those small stones on the road side. His hands were stuffed in her thick jacket's pockets while the only thing which accompanied them were their own shadows.

The small hum from the girl made him continue. "What if it rains?" He asked, looking up at the sky clouded with thundering lighting strokes.

"It's gonna be really bad cause we don't even have an umbrella!" Naeun said, looking at the apparent angry azure. Even though the sky was blanketed by the thick clouds, the moon made sure to stand out from them. And as if the god heard their conversation, the small droplets of water landed on her rosy cheeks making her eyes flutter.

The rain grew heavy in the matter of seconds. The young pair panicked and the girl looked around wildly, trying to find a shelter. Upon not finding any place in vicinity, she tried to run back towards their house, only to be pulled back by the boy.

"Eun-ah.." he breathly called her out.

"Insu, please don't say that you forgot your phone! I really can't deal with more tragedies," the pretty brunette said, feeling more than just a bit irritated. Insu shook his head slowly, not looking up at her. Instead, he took firm hold of her wrist and tugged.

The next moment, raindrops clashing against her skin stopped. She closed her eyes tightly, waiting to fall on the slippery pathway. To Naeun's surprise though, what she felt next was definitely not the cold, hard ground. Instead, it was a soft, warm and thick jacket covering her in a sweet cologne. Two hands held it in place as she opened her eyes again. Her soft brown orbs fell onto a pair of hands before she raised her eyes to see who they belonged to, and not being too surprised upon finding it to be Insu.

Their breaths mingled as she kept looking at his eyes, appearing to be captured in their depth. None of them seemed to notice as the atmosphere grew hotter, despite the cold breeze flowing along with the rain. The rain seemed to have no intention of faltering. But even through that, they stayed in their positions, which brought them questionable comfort. Insu, holding his jacket over their heads, stopping the ocean's little kisses from melting into them. And Naeun, with her hands on his chest, keeping him warm.

She peered deep into his eyes, apparently lost in them as she realised the tender look he held in them. And then, as a smile automatically fell on her lips, he leaned in, melting into her touch. Naeun closed her eyes with a soft sigh and felt the beautiful, young man in front of her, smile. Warm breath fanned her cheeks and lips as he leaned closer still, to reach just beside her lips. And then, Insu kissed her, not capturing her lips to make her feel wanted, but capturing her heart to make her feel loved. They stayed in that position, lost in each other's eyes, as the water pouring on them came to a sudden stop. He pulled back, almost reluctantly, as they both kept gazing at each other with intense passion.

"CUT!" Mr. Han yelled, surprising the pair as Inha violently jumped back, a hand reaching her lips, and eyes widened.

Hobi looked straight into the thin air while his clothes were soaked wet.

"For someone who's working in a movie for the first time, you're doing a really great job Hobi-yah!" Inyeop said, running to him with a towel in his hands.

The female staff already burrito-wrapped Inha with the towels while the young girl shivered while walking away with her cheeks flashing in every shade of red colour. She kept her eyes downcast as the assistant director shouted for someone to go call Ivy and Jimin for the next scene.