C H A P T E R 31

Author pov_

Inha stared hard at the ring, trying to figure out if what she was thinking was indeed true. And then, as if it had a brain of its own, her hand moved. Her fingers hovered above the ring for a second before she touched it lightly.

Real.

She softly placed her finger on it again, caressing it carefully. She was intently thinking about the rings when suddenly her eyes widened. She looked up at him only for him to be looking at her. Her cheeks reddened, and in that moment, Inha felt like summoning the Earth to swallow her up. Which, of course, didn't happen. I'm not that lucky. She thought to herself before realizing her hand was still on his. Just as she was about to retreat her hand, he held it.

"Not so fast, little mouse," he whispered, making her almost snap her neck. Inha's eyes widened as she looked into his amused ones. She could see a million stars at that moment. She could see her moon and her sun. She could see planets and galaxies, land and water, summer and rain, thunder and snow. Most of all, she saw tiny little pieces of broken music that seemed to have been lost somewhere.

Somewhere along the path between bruises and healing, somewhere between battles and solace. His eyes held so much fragility, and yet such strength. There was so much beauty, there was so much sorrow... There was so much.... Home... In him. And Inha had no idea how else to put it. She was not sure there were words in this universe which she could use for him.

She knew she should stop, she knew that he knew it as well. She could see it in his browns, the reluctance to let go... He lifted his hand from hers and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

(Author note: GET. A. ROOM. YOU. BOTH. RIGHT NOW! anyways-)

And just as they were still looking into the depths of each other's eyes- another face popped in between them.

"Guys, we're gonna crash." She whispered, making both the flustered people turn in their seats to look dead in front. Inha looked out of the window, biting her lip and trying to summon the depths of hell. But Hoseok was a different story. He picked up speed, making the girl in the back seat gasp for a second. His grip on the steering wheel tightened making his knuckles appear white.

"You know, Dobi, I don't wanna die so young." Ivy continued, popping a skittle in her mouth. "I haven't even found my soulmate yet." She completed, voicing his own words back mockingly.

Ivy freaking Miles. He thought to himself. I have never wanted to- to be mad at you SO bad.

Just as Inha thought she had succeeded into making a poker face, her phone pinged from the glove compartment. She reached forward to take it and threw Hoseok a confused look. Who just returned his phone back to its previous place without looking at her.

[Hobi-ssi: I still think you're a little mouse.. But even cuter when you blush]

Inha slammed her phone back into the compartment as quickly as humanly possible before covering her face with a shawl. She heard soft laughter coming from beside her. Which just made her cover her full body in the shawl and turn her back to him.

-Time skip-

Ivy was snuggled in a fuzzy small blanket and it was now Jimin's turn to drive. Inha sat with him as she thought that Hobi needed rest. But as a stubborn person he was, he chose to sit on his phone while pretending to listen to music. He plugged in his earphones with no music and decided to eavesdrop on the conversation going on between Inha and Jimin that was based on their ex-es and failed relationships.