C H A P T E R 24

Author pov_

"The man you're to be married to is Bae Kyung Min." Those words left Minho's mouth making Ivy widen her eyes.

Finally, she could see a ray of light in her dark life.

"Bae Kyung Min?" Ivy questioned him back, unsure of her own ears because this can't happen. God can never help her.

"Yes... you remember fangirling around him? You were crazy in love." Minho said in a mockery voice when waves hit her shores. She of course remembers him.

How can she not?

"Now, talk to him properly... I don't want you to hurt my best friend because of my bitch of a sister." He said, making the eavsdropper's blood boil. But to her, whatever her twin was saying, she could only hear happy music playing in her ears, muting whatever shit Minho was spouting.

Ivy could hardly reply in this happy moment, so she silently nods. She's still in disbelief about it.

This will be easy... It's got to be easy.

"I wish you were always this grateful and obedient.... That would have been so good for our parents... wouldn't it? Think of how sad they get, when their only daughter behaves like an ungrateful filthy bitch. You know Miyi, I can't believe they even let you happen. If it were me, I would have killed you the moment you-" then he stopped talking. His eyes narrowed and Ivy involuntarily gripped her phone. Now, breaking their eye contact.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Oh, just a trashcan speaking," Ivy waved his question aside. He smiled after a bit. Then, he slowly walked towards her with a glass of water, pouring it on her phone laying on her lap. She found herself frozen. Just not enough to not check her phone with slightly trembling hands. It was on. And then, the heat of the moment caught up with her. Scared. Ivy had never felt this scared before. She was trembling all over. Memories were crashing on her like a hail storm. The only difference was, hail didn't hurt this much.

"Little filthy baby sister, I would appreciate it if you don't let your fuck buddies know our family matters." He growled bending down to reach her sitting figure.

"Don't touch my phone, you ketchup precum!"

His one hand was pinned to the couch and the other held the glass which was emptied on the girl's lap. Ivy slowly lifted her phone, enough to see the glitching screen of it until the phone was thrown in some other corner of the room by the male who was her so- called brother to her.

"You still have the audacity!?" He barks like a dog. Ivy's brain was fogged. She sat there frozen, flinching on every single step by him, and her wet stocking did nothing better but worsen her shivering.

"When will you stop being a fucked up bitch!? Eomma-Appa should have straightened you since the day you cracked up... all the doings of that motherfucking Jimin and Hoseok!" He shouts, backing away from Ivy... He runs his hand through his dirty blonde hair and takes the empty glass from the tray lying there.

Soon the glass meets the hard concrete wall just beside where Ivy was sitting. The glass shuddered in small pieces which fell down onto the marble floor.

"Don't fucking cry, you slutty bitch! He shouts, before talking quick strides towards her. Minho bent down, gripping some sharp pieces of the shuddered glass, ignoring if it's hurting him too.

"Aren't you too used to this? Then why are you still crying like a baby!? Aren't you the one behaving all grown up?" Ivy's face turned to the side as soon as his hand met her milky cheek with a huge force, making her cheek pulsate with a sting.