C H A P T E R 36

-Author pov-

Inha runs inside the hospital as soon as she gets down from the cab, leaving her manager to pay for the cab along with carrying the luggage in. She ran, as fast as her swollen-from-heels foot took her.

"Jung Hoseok, VVIP." she said to the receptionist. "Your ID please." she said and Inha took out, slamming it on the table. The receptionist checked her name on the 'Only people to be allowed list' that consisted of some 15 people including Hobi's family and close friends.

The receptionist nodded, allowing access to Hobi's room. "Thank you," Inha mutters, if anyone didn't know how worried she was, it might have looked like she was angry, while she actually was not. Or maybe she was, on one particular person.

She ran towards the elevator, thankful that this one was at the ground floor as soon as she reached it. If it was necessary, she would've used the stairs too. Only for him, all for him.

The elevator ride left as if it took forever, whereas in reality it only took about a minute and half. Inha stomped to the right as soon as the metallic door opened, she could hear the faint murmuring and she saw Jin, Jungkook Suga and Namjoon standing there.

The boys were too busy staring at the room door that they failed to notice the girl behind them. Just as Inha was about to call on Namjoon, the doors opened and a doctor walked out, nurses following behind him. Meanwhile, Inha ran towards the small group, standing in the back so no one could see her.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim... I really don't think there's a lot we can do. Since you brought Mr. Jung here, I've been keeping a close eye on his chart and... I think this might have something to do with his soulmate. I-"

"Bullshit," Yoongi spat furiously, "What's wrong with you people?! No one's ever had it this way because of their soulmate Doctor! And you out of everyone here should know that!"

The doctor shook his head as Namjoon and Jin tried to calm Yoongi. "I'm sorry, I've been in this profession since half of my life... And I have worked far and wide enough to know, sometimes, even science has to bow to its knees. Mr. Min. I'm sorry, the best and least we can do is keep him on sedatives so he doesn't feel the pain. I-"

"No! You will-"

The doctor turned to look at Namjoon instead, "I suggest you call in his loved ones, Mr. Kim. There is only so much we can do... I- I'll send the nurse with the pain killers... And also, try not to.. Burden him emotionally..." he's a sun....

The doctor left, and Jungkook fell to his knees. Sprouts of tears ran from the youngster's eyes as he tried to take a hold of his emotions. Yoongi, too, had to lean against the wall, his legs too weak to take the weight of the tragedy that had struck them.

"He- he's too young hyung," Namjoon mumbled, trying to find some explanation for his brother's ill health. "We- we have to... I'll go-" and he ran out. No one stopped him, all of them suffocating under the heavy emotions and the news they had received.

"Oppa! How's H-" Ivy, Jimin and Taehyung entered the hallway, falling silent as their eyes swept across the boys. Realisation dawned on them as Taehyung stumbled closer to Jungkook, taking his shaking form in his arms. But at the same time, he couldn't stop his own eyes from watering.

"He- he's... Hobi- he-" The eldest member tried to say something, refusing to succumb to tears in front of his younger brothers.

-Flashback-

"But, mum, I still think this is kind of cool, I mean, c'mon. We're talking about soulmates here. Soul Pieces mom!"

"What's fun about having innocent people die, you brat? You call this fun?"