C H A P T E R 27

Author's pov_

"Ivy. This is the millionth time you sighed after leaving the hospital." Inha said, glancing at the younger one while also making sure to look down the road. Inha's hand changed the gear and the car sped up onto the empty midnight roads of the city of Seoul.

"I'm fine.." Ivy said with another sigh.

"You can speak to me... anything, anytime... you know right?" Inha made sure to lace her voice with the 'Eonnie card' of hers.

"I know.."

"And you also gotta explain things.." Inha said, her hand now moving towards Ivy's, which was lying on the side of her seat. The girl simply nodded at the statement. "We're always here." The older one mumbled making the younger one smile.

"Tell me if it hurts." Inha gently mumbled, sitting on a stool in front of the Ivy. The older girl said, while she had a ball of cotton dipped into antiseptic liquid pressed in between the tweezers.

Ivy slowly nods, closing her eyes shut, preparing for the stinging pain caused by the liquid. "It's fine.." Inha gently whispered, pressing the ball on Ivy's skin, cleaning up the dried blood.

"It's.... Done!" The older girl squeaked, adding a bandage to the cut. "It's done Iv! You can open your eyes now." She said, making the younger one peel her one eye open, followed by the other one.

Ivy's pov _

"Are you hungry?" Inha asks me, clipping the first aid box and getting up. My hand hovered upon the band-aid while the fingertips slowly pressed on it. It was painfully stingy.

And what else was stingy? The back of my hand. Why is that paining?

"Ivy! I've been asking you something!" Inha's voice rang through my ears like a drum.

"It's past one in the morning." I gazed at the clock. The words walked out of my mouth slowly. I tried stabilising my voice, which I guess it worked.

"Still... you wanna have something? I won't mind cooking now." Inha said and I nodded.

"What do you wanna eat?"

"Anything..." I replied. My mind constantly replayed those words back. 'Ivy! I've been asking something' 'Ivy-ahh I asked you something!' I couldn't help but remember how we found Jimin lying on the cold ground of the hospital. Shivers ran through my skin while all I could see was Jimin. How is he now?

"When will we go back to the hospital?" I stood on my knees on the sofa, looking at Inha who's back was turned to me.

"Tomorrow. Only if Hoseok calls us." She replied and a tired sigh left my mouth. A lot is happening right now.

And- and my chest is paining. My body is aching and my right wrist feels all itchy and hurty.

My whole concentration was now on the burning ache of my chest.

Ivy, control your emotions! They already seem to be suffering, at least spare them some peace!

I thought to myself. The pain went unbearable for me, which means it was unbearable for him too.

I wish I could tell him how sorry I'm for making him go through the misery of mine, while all the time he takes care of himself just to keep me out of his pain.

"Ivy!" My body wiggled under Inha's hands while her eyebrows crushed together with the biggest frown I ever saw.

"What's wrong with you?"

I looked at Inha and blinked a couple of times trying to get my breathing to calm down.

"It's not me, it's him."

And I think she knew what I was talking about. That's how it always went, we spoke about 'him' and we would know what we're talking about.

"Nevermind that.." I said, but then, before Inha could say something, her phone cut her off.

She shook her head and picked her phone up.

"What are you doing awake at one in the morning!?!" Inha started scolding as soon as the phone got connected. I wonder who that is.

"Still!! That doesn't mean that you will ruin your sleep... you should have asked manager-nim to give me the message... or should have texted me!"

"Fine, I'll ask him.. we'll try our best to be there"

"Okay... yes... take care of yourself too!! Yeah I'll take care of her.." she said the last part while looking at me.

Meanwhile in hospital

"How irresponsible the staff is!" Taehyung roared above his lungs, and the whole hospital building shook with the intensity of his voice.

"There was a person blacked out on the floor and no one saw him? What if I was late and some-" He stops himself in the mid sentence, afraid to even think about the 'what if' that he stated.

"Calm down Tae.. but He has a strong point. And excuse the part where he is a famous idol, he is a human too. And as a part of the hospital, you guys have to take a person's life seriously. It may or may not be a patient." Hoseok said calmly while Taehyung's anger was on its peak. He wasn't ready to listen to any kind of apology by the staff.

"I don't give a fuck about 7th floor being under maintenance, if something happens to my brother, I swear to put all of you, even that Miles behind the bars." With that, Tae walked out of the room.

After taking a few deep breaths, his thoughts were interrupted by the silent vibrations of his phone. Pulling it out of his pockets, Taehyung's anger vanished the second he read the caller's Id.

"What are you doing awake at midnight!!" The first question of his got the other person on the line whining.

"I didn't mean that.... I'm just worried about your health..."

" *Laughs* I know, I know you look beautiful and young, but still you gotta take care of your health."

"Uh- I'll ask her... oops! I mean- I mean we'll be there!... Yeah!... Yes yes I-..."

"Tomorrow?? It's a bit tough, you see Jiminie and Kookie are hurt... yeah, weekend sounds good..."

"We'll be there this weekend."

" *Laughs* no way!!! I don't wanna die so young..."

"Byee, good night... take care!"

With that the call came to an end leaving Taehyung smiling to the corner of his ears. Before walking inside the room, Taehyung made sure to pass death glares to the hospital officials.

Tae walked in to see Jimin awake. Relief ran down his veins and he smiled towards his bestie.

"Idiot! You scared the living shit out of me." The youngest in the room said.

"Yeah yeah, I love you too" Jimin mumbled, weakness still taking the best of him.

Taehyung just walked towards Jimin, pulling the older one with a hug while the oldest looked at them in awe.

"I'm happy to see you all grown up Tae, I no longer need to fight off your bullies.." Jimin whispered in the hug, making the younger one tighten his grip on him, remembering those days when Jimin bet up those boys who bullied Tae.

"I swear, I was scared like hell and you were lying and enjoying the drama! I hate you!" Taehyung mumbled with a smile. 

•••

Lovely Co-author  ivyB4winter

Thank you for reading 'Soul Piece'

Please vote and support!

~Ivy Miles and Inha Choi