Part 5

So that is how I ended up lying across our LA house's living room floor, finishing a piggish amount of food as I drank cheap rosé straight out of the bottle, it being the only thing in Teddy's fridge—each of us nursing our own bottle despite it being slightly gross. We are loaded; the least he could do is stock the fridge with some decent booze. The boys were supposed to buy drinks on the way home but failed miserably at that task, so now this is all we have.

Gasping, I shot upright, scanning the room until my eyes landed on Taylor as my lips stretched into a grin, everyone looking at me in confusion at my sudden dramatic outburst. "Hey, Taylor?" I ask, trying my hardest not to laugh as she gives me a go-on look, "I have a really, really important question to ask you. I meant to last time, but T interrupted us before I got the chance. Plus, let's be real, you were a smidge drunk. Ok, you were actually shit-faced; the point is I have an important question," I say as seriously as I could possibly muster, earning a mildly alarmed, mildly interested look from the American singer. 

"Go on then," she prompted, clearly interested in what I was about to ask, which had me biting my cheek to stop the laughter that wanted to bubble up. God, I am such a child. "Are you from Nashville?" I ask, earning curious looks from everyone now as they all watch this unfold; they should really record this because it's gold, I swear. "I mean, yeah, I guess; I moved there when I was thirteen; why?" She asked, looking even more confused as I gave her my best serious look.

"Because you are the only ten-I-see," I manage to get out before I fall backwards, laughing at myself.

When no one else makes a noise, I look up, catching Taylor's eyes in the process, which seems to be her breaking point as the two of us erupt into giggles while the others still seem slightly stunned; I just did that. 

Don't hate the player; hate the game, guys. 

"That was so bad, like awful. I am embarrassed to be related to you. Little hawk is going to be appalled when she finds out you just did that," Mick groaned, throwing a pillow at me, which increased my laughter. "I am your biggest fan, sis, but Mick is right. That was one of the worst things you have ever said, and I heard you say you like buckwheat crepes. I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times crepes should always have so many sugary things in them you worry you will get diabetes," Teddy agrees with Mick, which just makes Taylor and I laugh harder. 

It takes a while, but the laughter in the room starts to die out. "I mean, come on, I am a sucker for pickup lines, and that is my favourite one ever, so when I have the chance to say it to someone from Nashville, I had to take it," I explain, finally getting my laughter under control. "I don't know what they mean; that was one of the best things someone has ever said to me," Taylor spoke up, making me smile as I stuck my tongue out at everyone else in the room. 

"Hear that, I just said one of the best things THE Taylor Swift has ever heard, I am going to tell that to Firefly, and she won't even give a shit about what you idiots say," I boasted, reaching for my phone to check the time, midnight.

"What time does she normally get up?" I ask Mick, who thinks for a second before glancing at a clock and realising what I mean. "Seven, but you will have to be quick. She has thingy today at nine," he reminds me, making me hum as I glance at the two somewhat confused singers. "Would you guys mind saying hi to our little sister? She is a massive fan of the both of you?" I ask, earning an excited nod from Selena."Cora? Yes, I would love to. That reminds me," Selena squeals excitedly before hopping off the sofa and coming back into the room, both her hands behind her back. 

"I brought you a little present, Teddy," standing in front of M, which had the three of us laughing. Working out why we were laughing, Selena sighed before turning to Teddy, holding one of her hands out to reveal a signed copy of Revival, making me laugh. I can't believe she remembered.