Part 28

"Tay, I'm leaving now," I call out as I make my way to the door, the grandeur of her apartment never ceasing to amaze me. Calling it just an apartment is a bit of an understatement. If I thought my place in Brooklyn was big, this is on a whole different level.

As grateful as I am for her hospitality, I can't help but feel the need to contribute. Letting me pay some rent would be a fair deal, but Tay won't hear a word of it. Believe me, I tried.

I know she cares about me, but she's fiercely independent and won't accept any help. Even if she can afford it, it doesn't mean I want her to do it alone. As she so commonly likes to remind me, we're a team.

I guess we are both as stubborn as each other. I think that might be something we'll have to work on together.

I guess she was in her music room from the hurried footsteps approaching. Music is what makes Tay, Taylor, and she's been spending countless hours making it over the last two weeks. It warms my heart to see her so happy, making music again because, since our meeting, this is the first time she has played around me. Sure, I'm not allowed to know about anything that goes on in the music room, but honestly, as her girlfriend, I don't want to know. I'm just overjoyed that she is doing what she loves.

However, the Swiftie part of me is pissed that she won't let me get a sneak peek of her music, but then again, I won't let her listen to my new stuff either, so I guess all is fair in love and war.

"Wait," she calls out as if I'd dare to leave without my goodbye kiss. Suddenly, Taylor comes speeding around the corner and envelops me in a bear hug, making me chuckle though I struggle to keep my balance, nearly falling straight onto my arse. Why does everyone forget that I am the biggest clutz ever?

"You know I'm just going to the studio and then a meeting with Lanie and the team, right? Not off to war. I'll be back home tonight," I tease, holding her close as she clings to me. Despite my reassurances, she still squeezes me tightly. "I'm going to miss you just as much either way," she mumbles into my chest, making me laugh slightly. I can't help but adore her dramatic flair.

It's been a couple of weeks since Halloween, and since then, we have kind of just been living in our own little bubble. The guest room all my stuff had been dumped into has become my own little workspace, Tay has insisted that we can share the music room, but that is her creative space, and I want to respect that.

Not that I have been working all that much. Once I finish recording with the twins this week, the new album should be done, which gives me just under two months of nothing before the album comes out and the madness that is my life comes back.

I currently spend most of my days following Tay around like a lost puppy before binge-watching tv while she makes music. And I have to say, as domestic as it all is, I love it. That fact that we can do anything we want, even if it's something as simple as making lunch and dinner together, I am enthralled by it. I am so many things to so many people, but when I'm with Taylor, I can just be me. Not Lady Stanley or international music sensation Andy; with Tay, I'm just me.

"What studio are you going to?" She asks, and even without me answering, I sense a hint of tension in her. It's understandable; my studio is at my place, and she's worried about the risks involved. "Oscar and the twins' security will be with us, and Lanie is taking extra precautions for our safety. She has a whole security team coming to make sure we are safe. Not to mention my team will be coming for that meeting later, so there will be plenty of people around," I try and explain, but her concern persists, and I can't blame her.

"I have already contacted a realtor to find a space here in Manhattan that I can turn into a new studio, but until I find somewhere and furnish a new place, our options are limited. Would you rather I record in Brooklyn or back in the Lake House, 'cause they're the only studios I have, and ATM only uses In The Wall recording studios," I continue, smirking when she refuses to make eye contact with me at my words, clearly preferring Brooklyn to the Lake House.